WHAT NOTEBOOK/I-PAD to use??

Reaction score
I want GPS capability and I need a larger screen for viewing, from what I can search on this site, sounds like either the Nexus 9 or Apple I pad are the best options for me. I d/n need a huge/heavy monitor, something with a 7"to 9" screen will do the trick and I would prefer not to download maps, just have the capability like using my Android phone but with a larger screen. I have read that with a device that has 3G/LTE cell service, you d/n need to activate the service to have the GPS work? I use the DJI GO app. for flying at this time (whoopie! 2 whole batts. to date). I don't want to wrap a small mint into this devise since it will be used for UAV flights only and will stay in the bag until needed. Just want the most for my money, you know...everything for nothing! Thanks to anyone that can point me in the right direction and show me a cheaper option. Safe flying! H.P.:cool:

Last edited:
I want GPS capability
Are you sure of that?
The Mavic has a perfectly good GPS receiver of its own that it uses for flight.
There are only two flight functions that can use a GPS receiver in your tablet.
These are Follow-me flight and resetting the home point to the current location of the controller (used if flying from a moving car or boat etc).
I have read that with a device that has 3G/LTE cell service, you d/n need to activate the service to have the GPS work?
Apple confused many people by only including GPS in cellular capable iPads but there's no need for 3G etc. GPS is quite separate from mobile phone capability.
Or if you used an Android device, just about every one has GPS built in anyway.

Are you sure of that?
The Mavic has a perfectly good GPS receiver of its own that it uses for flight.
There are only two flight functions that can use a GPS receiver in your tablet.
These are Follow-me flight and resetting the home point to the current location of the controller (used if flying from a moving car or boat etc).

Apple confused many people by only including GPS in cellular capable iPads but there's no need for 3G etc. GPS is quite separate from mobile phone capability.
Or if you used an Android device, just about every one has GPS built in anyway.

My P3S works fine so far with my Android phone, just wanted no more than a 7 or 8 inch screen for viewing without buying more stuff to have to keep charged. I'm one of those KISS guys, not a "techie"by any means. Thanx for the help. H.P.:)

Last edited:
My P3S works fine so far with my phone, just wanted no more than a 7 or 8 inch screen for viewing without buying more stuff to have to keep charged. I'm one of those KISS guys, not a "techie"buy any means. Thanx for the help. H.P.:)
On the aforementioned list, you will notice a lot of "Likes" for the Nexus 7. You can get one for around $100 or so. Also, if you didn't already know, the higher the Nits on the product description means the brighter the screen. Which results in better viewing during daylight hours.

On the aforementioned list, you will notice a lot of "Likes" for the Nexus 7. You can get one for around $100 or so. Also, if you didn't already know, the higher the Nits on the product description means the brighter the screen. Which results in better viewing during daylight hours.
I was seriously considering the Nexus due to the cost, and a brighter screen would be a +plus. I'm rethinking the GPS need, because "follow-me"and resetting "Home point" is not a major concern for me. I don't plan on moving too much when I'm actually flying, so.... I may just get a Wi-Fi tablet and be done with it. Thanx for the reply. H.P.:)

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20