What is this and where can I get it?

Reaction score
Hello everybody,
I have a damaged Phantom 4 gimbal here and obviously this part is damaged. Does anybody know what it's doing and where to get a new one for repair?
15836731625912882075744905406606.jpg

Edit: normally the microchip is covered by a spongy material and the PCB resides under the gimbal motor controller PCB in the gimbal foot.

Last edited:
Al Gore's AMAZING Internet (Peace Be Upon Him) can be your friend --

in-focus pic would have been a better idea.
What do you mean by in-focus? The writing on the microchip can not be read, because it is burnt.
And sorry for my bad smartphone cam.

Last edited:
Al Gore's AMAZING Internet (Peace Be Upon Him) can be your friend --

I've already seen this, however I can not find the chip I am asking for there, this is why I asked here.

It looks like it may be from KB Electronics. I used alibaba.com once to find a Chinese made module for my solar pool pump. Hope this helps.

Reactions: OBSP
in-focus pic would have been a better idea.
How many circuit boards shaped like this are in aP4? I don't think focus will be an issue here. All the writing on the board including what appears to be a part number is quite legible. No worries about focus here. It is actually a very good picture considering it isn't a studio setup by a professional product photographer. I just don't understand why some people feel it necessary to post criticisms instead of constructive responses. Does it actually make them feel good and important????

What do you mean by in-focus? The writing on the microchip can not be read, because it is burnt.
And sorry for my bad smartphone cam.
'In-focus' means correctly focused. Your pic is blurred when viewing full size.
It just helps us see your stuff better so we can better be of assistance to you.

How many circuit boards shaped like this are in aP4? I don't think focus will be an issue here. All the writing on the board including what appears to be a part number is quite legible. No worries about focus here. It is actually a very good picture considering it isn't a studio setup by a professional product photographer. I just don't understand why some people feel it necessary to post criticisms instead of constructive responses. Does it actually make them feel good and important????
If you were an electronics engineer you would understand my post., so I'll leave it there.

If you were an electronics engineer you would understand my post., so I'll leave it there.
I'm actually studying electric engineering and I know that you mean (and you are right) you can't see the resistors, caps and pcb traces and chip labeling, however I could not get a better picture with my smartphone cam quickly. Also the question was more intended to go into a "what's this PCBs job in the P4" rather than a "why did this memory chip? melt in this setup when exposed to salty water" direction.

'In-focus' means correctly focused. Your pic is blurred when viewing full size.
It just helps us see your stuff better so we can better be of assistance to you.
There is someone like you on every forum and I mean every forum. .....and I will leave it there.

Reactions: KevinRoach

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4