What is the most useful drone accessory

Hoodman 5ft diameter landing pad. Invaluable when launching and landing in unfriendly terrain - reduces maintenance costs and the dreaded pucker factor.

Reactions: D0CT0R
I did invest in the phantom wetsuit which has proved a good drone purchase,,it has made me p4 a all weather drone instead of fine weather flying,,sometimes bad weather makes the best pictures so it's good to able to fly wet or dry days,

What about the camera and gimble?

Definitelly the second battery - at least. For flying in urban areas it is the parashutte which is on my buying list.
ND filter is good but not essential. Much depends on the weather conditions. A variable ND may be interesting - I have it for my DSLR but those two rings can overload the gymbal. I would like to get a CPL filter for Phantom but I have no luck to find it yet.
If I haven't had the P4P+ I would put on the first place a Crystalsky display.

this one :
in fact this is basic operational equipment in our business

I watch the trees outside my window !!

I do have a professional anemometer from a Ship I was on that went to scrap. Handheld jobbie supplied as we were a volunteer Weather Reporting vessel.

Reactions: MTO
My best is the 4in1 multi charger that charges 3 P3 batterys and my P3P controller simultaneously ... all for less price than a single DJI charger !

There are versions available for other DJI models as well ...

This is what I use for a charger.
51231926_10156498467760129_5360886021753929728_n.jpg

Where did you find it. Thanks.

Wait until you see the price !!!!

I'll stick with my 4in1 charger .... may be cheap - but it works perfectly.

Reactions: Shoot4fun
What about the camera and gimble?
Um the set comes with a surge ring that seals base of gimble even to the point where if by accident the gimble and cam goes in water,,yeh does seem strange in the rain considering ribbon cable hole on side open but the rotor wash just pushes it all down and it drips off,,no water in there to this day,,just have to c2 on occasion to shake drop off the lens,,it still has me stumped how none go in

Reactions: MTO
I think I will revise my reply ...

1. Yes its still the best charger and lets me have all batterys and controller charged simultaneously ... the Ansee 4n1 as shown earlier.

But I must add :

2. Car adaptor charger for those odd occasions you want one more flight !!

In your opinion what is an accessory that you can't live without? What is one you'd like to see?

My homemade DC -> DC charger. I love this thing. I can quick charge, slow charge. I can charge Mavic batteries, Inspire 1 batteries, P4P batteries, or any combination thereof.

1567873452167.png

It would be nice if somebody made a more elegant DC -> DC solution. This rig isn't pretty, but is very effective.

D

Given the price of Multi LiPo chargers that are programmable ... maybe that could be the answer ? Or an even cheaper way is to purchase separate single LiPo programmable chargers that have LiHV capability. eBay is full of DJI battery to LiPo charger adaptors for couple $ ...

The beauty there is you get built in charge displays showing mA in .. Amp rate ... Voltage etc.

Given the price of Multi LiPo chargers that are programmable ... maybe that could be the answer ?

I searched the world high and low for DC -> DC fast chargers for DJI batteries. They simply don't exist.

Or an even cheaper way is to purchase separate single LiPo programmable chargers that have LiHV capability.

I would have to load my car up with at least NINE of these chargers to equal my homemade charger.

eBay is full of DJI battery to LiPo charger adaptors for couple $ ...

Yep. And not a single one meets my criterion:

* DC -> DC (no AC converters)
* User-defined voltage for different LiPos
* User-defined amperage for slow charge, quick charge, and everything in between
* Display that switches from voltage to amperage with the push of a button

The beauty there is you get built in charge displays showing mA in .. Amp rate ... Voltage etc.

Yep...but I need a lot more than that, amigo. See my list above.

D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT