What is the max size SD card that can be used in the Phantom 3?

Reaction score
Is there a maximum size SD card?

From what I understand I should use a class 10.

Can I use a 128gb SD card, class 10? Is that size compatible?

Per the Phantom manual, you can use up to a 64 GB memory card. A 128 GB should work too, but the specs are usually not as good on memory cards that large.

Yep -- just swap. The Phantom does not need the files on the memory card.

I tried a 128gb card in my 4K and it did not record anything. But I highly recommend getting memory from B&H online as there are a lot of knock offs out there that look so real. Check it out on YouTube and buy a 64gb SanDisk Class 10 with the U3 marking on it. It will video in 4K without shudder. I even noticed it right away in flight on my tablet.

I have a Class 10 UHS-1 128GB card I will try the next time I fly. Granted it is not the faster UHS-3 but UHS-1 should work fine. I also know for a fact it is indeed a full 128GB as I test every card I buy to make sure it isn't a 4GB card labeled as a 128GB card. Should fly again tomorrow and let you know then.

I installed a 128GB uSDXC card in my P3A today and it worked like a charm. All videos and photos are fine. It records a max file size of 4GB as it is formatted exFat. But the 128GB card, Class 10 - UHS1 works just fine.

I installed a 128GB uSDXC card in my P3A today and it worked like a charm. All videos and photos are fine. It records a max file size of 4GB as it is formatted exFat. But the 128GB card, Class 10 - UHS1 works just fine.
Will my bird read sd card if it`s formated NTFS ?

I don't know what everybody else uses, but I use a 32gb sandisk. I like to come home and get the card out and load it on the laptop and edit it. And none of em even come close to 32gb. I prefer to store pics and vids on the laptop rather than leave them in the drone.

I'm new to the P3S which I recently picked up. I need a bigger card and was told that I should be looking for something with a faster write speed such as the SanDisk Extreme Plus. Is that fast of a card overkill for the PS3? Normally I like to max out the storage on any device, but with my DSLR I generally unload the pictures onto a laptop then delete from the card. It's just the practice I've done for years. Any advice for a newbie would be great. :)

such as the SanDisk Extreme Plus. Is that fast of a card overkill for the PS3?
The Phantom will never utilize the capabilities of that memory card, but it'll be helpful to you when you're transferring files to/from the card.

The Phantom will never utilize the capabilities of that memory card, but it'll be helpful to you when you're transferring files to/from the card.

Sorry basically it's overkill? Would the SanDisk Ultra Plus preform the same way? I'm not sure the benefits one over the other. I'm new the drone world, but not the RC world. Any help would be appreciated.

Any class 10 card will work in the P3S.

Personally, I don't think it's overkill since I'm not into waiting around when I'm copying files to/from memory cards. If I can pay a few extra bucks to maximize the performance, then I'm all in.

Any class 10 card will work in the P3S.

Personally, I don't think it's overkill since I'm not into waiting around when I'm copying files to/from memory cards. If I can pay a few extra bucks to maximize the performance, then I'm all in.

Great. Thank you. The 32gb Extreme+ is $20 vs. Ultra+ for $15. So for $5 more I thought it would be the better value.

Is there a maximum size SD card?

From what I understand I should use a class 10.

Can I use a 128gb SD card, class 10? Is that size compatible?
Get multiple 64GB cards. Then if you crash you won't lose all of your shots.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Get multiple 64GB cards. Then if you crash you won't lose all of your shots.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Explain how having multiple 64 gb sd cards keeps you from losing data in a crash. ?????

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.