What Is The CCD WIDTH Of The DJI Phantom 4 Pro Camera Sensor?

I’m not doubting you, but how did you calculate this or where did you find this information? I’ve been trying to back into your numbers based on the FOV = 84 degrees, focal length of 8.8. My assumption is you used a 3:2 aspect ratio and chose 8.8 to be the height and calculated the width to be 13.2. My question is why wouldn’t 8.8mm be the width with the height being 5.8667 ?

I’m not doubting you, but how did you calculate this or where did you find this information? I’ve been trying to back into your numbers based on the FOV = 84 degrees, focal length of 8.8. My assumption is you used a 3:2 aspect ratio and chose 8.8 to be the height and calculated the width to be 13.2. My question is why wouldn’t 8.8mm be the width with the height being 5.8667 ?

On the Dxomark lens review site, they list the sensor as 13.2 x 8.8m. I've seen a few articles that say it's a Sony Exmor sensor.

13.2 x 8.8mm is correct, I think.

The legacy !" sensor spec. is just used by DJI to make you think it's bigger than it is! Its use goes back to the days when camera pick up devices were circular vacuum tubes.

25mm overall diameter, 16mm usable diameter gives a rectangle 13.2 x 8.8 that fits inside the 16mm diameter circle.
This thread expains it better perhaps: Why is a 1" sensor actually 13.2 × 8.8mm?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.