What happens when your P4 hits high winds.

If.......you have ever seen a bunch of helium balloons released....they all will travel near straight UP.....and when they are at a certain height..off they will all go with the upper winds currents...and their will not much surface winds many times !..But UP their above everything....there's a steady breeze ! ..that's always why it best during a LOS flight to keep the drone UP wind !..happy droning to all !

Slightly OT, but can the wind warning sensitivity on the P4P be turned down a bit? I get constant wind warnings - never had trouble with my P2 and P3 drones. Flicking into ATTI mode doesn't seem to show rapid movement of the drone (as you'd expect).
How does the P4P detect wind (motor load?)

Reactions: Archaeo Drone
I had my gimbal do that a while back. Still not sure what caused it as it wasn’t extremely windy.

Slightly OT, but can the wind warning sensitivity on the P4P be turned down a bit? I get constant wind warnings - never had trouble with my P2 and P3 drones. Flicking into ATTI mode doesn't seem to show rapid movement of the drone (as you'd expect).
I'm not sure how it detects the high wind. I was getting that warning popping up about 3 times before this happen.

I have the same problem with excessive wind warnings in Guatemala.

Wind is probably estimated by comparing actual velocity and that expected from the quad being at a certain pitch angle. There are people around here- @sar104 comes to mind- who will be able to confirm the methods and probably the threshold that triggers the warning from analysis of numerous log files.

Reactions: Archaeo Drone
Wind is probably estimated by comparing actual velocity and that expected from the quad being at a certain pitch angle. There are people around here- @sar104 comes to mind- who will be able to confirm the methods and probably the threshold that triggers the warning from analysis of numerous log files.

That's correct - the aircraft continuously estimates the wind speed and direction by comparing the tilt (which is directly related to airspeed) with the actual ground speed. The precise thresholds seem to vary between different models, but there are two levels as indicated by the rather quaintly named flags HOME.isBigGale and HOME.isBigGaleWarning.

That's correct - the aircraft continuously estimates the wind speed and direction by comparing the tilt (which is directly related to airspeed) with the actual ground speed. The precise thresholds seem to vary between different models, but there are two levels as indicated by the rather quaintly named flags HOME.isBigGale and HOME.isBigGaleWarning.
Typical chinglish re the parameter names.

With the Birds and Sar104, thank you for the replies. It is 28mph today, so I am definitely grounded. :confused:

I am above the lake and on a mountain, so the winds are higher velocity. The site that I will be visiting soon is about 1-1/2 hours away (west of Antigua, Guatemala) and the wind is only 6mph.

Reactions: phxbird57

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT