What gopro do I want to buy

Reaction score
My hero3 silver is locking up so thinking off buying a new one. Do I want the silver or black. I know the black will do a lot more but is it needed. I don't use the wifi and do most off my filming on 1080 x30 or time lapst. Any other reason......Dave

I always say buy the highest spec kit you can afford or are prepared to pay. I think you will get up to 120 FPS in 720 with the Black+ if you are into slow motion shots.

CORRECTION. They will both shoot 720 at 120 FPS
I could justify the extra cost for the extra resolution but thats just me. 12Mp instead of ten

It depends on how much you want to spend. Hero 3+ silver is pretty nice! most of the black features aren't anything you really have to have (I don't even have anything to watch 4k on). If you don't use the wifi, there are some hero3 gopros to be found pretty cheap, even new. Just depends on how much you want to invest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jermz said:
(I don't even have anything to watch 4k on).

Capturing at 2.7k or 4k is not about viewing at those resolutions. 2.7k or 4k captures when delivered at 1080 will provide more detail with less artifacts than footage captured at 1080.

Bespoke Wind Up said:
Jermz said:
(I don't even have anything to watch 4k on).

Capturing at 2.7k or 4k is not about viewing at those resolutions. 2.7k or 4k captures when delivered at 1080 will provide more detail with less artifacts than footage captured at 1080.

You are correct about that. I don't know if it's worth the extra $ to me. The 1080 footage is pretty sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub