What firmware are you using?

Reaction score
Hello all,

I get tired of reading "I updated my firmware and now (insert long list of problems)".

What firmware versions are working for you?

To help everyone out I think it'd be nice to know what firmware everyone is using on the P4P and controller. Also what device are you using to run DJI Go 4? If you are using an ipad mini 4 what ios version are you on? What version of DJI Go 4 are you using?

Are you experiencing any bugs?

I can tell you when I first bought my P4P back in March, everything worked great. It seems that as time as moved on and I have updated, I notice small problems here and there. Not sure if it worth rolling back to what it was when I got it.....

Thanks in advance!

Latest Firmware
Latest App version
Samsung Galaxy S7, Latest software versions

Most likely when people have problems with the latest firmware it is some kind of user error.

I always update to the latest versions, unless there is a big problem with it that everyone is having I'll wait until DJI solves the problem. When an update comes out for something, it is usually to try and improve what is being updated (but not always).

Just MHO :)

There is a small group of us that are very fond of the 509 firmware version, for all the right reasons.

Stable
Well Tested
Fun
Not having to worry about new updates
Configurations that put a smile on your face.

Great with those that have common sense to fly there drone.
You may not get all the trick ponies but you do get some incredible freedom.

We may post a link on are website soon Phantomrain.org providing more details on are pick for firmware of the year.

Approved Vendor
Phantomrain.org
:)

Last edited:
+1

IOS
DJI GO4 = 4.06
Litchi = 2.5.1

AC = 01.03.0509
RC = 01.04.01.00

iPad mini 4 = 10.3.3
iPad Pro 12 = 11.3.1

I am using an iPad mini 4 iOS version 11.4.1(15G77) with the DJI Go4 app version 4.2.22(3162). My P4P Obsidian is version 1.05.0600 my controller is version 1.04.01.00.

Side note, my critically low battery warning is set at 15% and my low battery warning is set at 30%. The remote is set to auto 2.4g.

A few issues I am having are:

1. Any intelligent flight mode I use, transmission cuts out. Screen goes green to black and freezes. Then comes back all pixelated.
2. The above issue happens almost every time my battery reaches 25%.
3. Range is terrible. If I fly more than 800ft away from the controller, the screen skips jumps becomes pixelated and goes green and black. Sometimes I get the “lost connection with aircraft” and transmission eventually comes back after a few seconds. The AC does not return to home like it should. I have it set to return to home on lost signal.

Any ideas?

Last night I loaded the DJI Go4 app v4.3.1(3196) on my iPhone X, flew for an hour and did not experience the same issues I have been having with my iPad mini 4. The iPad could be the source of the issue, or the updated version of DJI Go4 could have done it too.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20