What features do you use?

Reaction score
Hi all.

I have just purchased the Phantom 4 Standard and was looking through the features they have on there, I have tried the tap to fly feature which is just awesome, I'm thinking off doing the tripod mode next which looks perfect for slow-moving shots. So I ask this of you, Which features do you like to use?

Hi all.

I have just purchased the Phantom 4 Standard and was looking through the features they have on there, I have tried the tap to fly feature which is just awesome, I'm thinking off doing the tripod mode next which looks perfect for slow-moving shots. So I ask this of you, Which features do you like to use?
Because I only have two flights under my belt I haven't been able to try out other features. I don't know if anyone else was very nervous their first time flying, but I sure was. I have to learn to start using the screen more. I just wish the weather would get better so that I can get out there and fly.

Reactions: Pixies Channel.
IMO one can't beat the Waypoint Mode in Litchi!
Jim
WA5TEF
Is it true in waypoint when using it on the DJI go app you have to fly the route first and Litchi you don't?

It would make the feature pointless in my eyes if you have to fly the route first.

Because I only have two flights under my belt I haven't been able to try out other features. I don't know if anyone else was very nervous their first time flying, but I sure was. I have to learn to start using the screen more. I just wish the weather would get better so that I can get out there and fly.

I was so nervous when I first bought my drone which was a Phantom 3 Standard but I soon got past the nerves, You gain in confidence everytime you go up. I now have a Phantom 4 Standard which is just awesome.

I was so nervous when I first bought my drone which was a Phantom 3 Standard but I soon got past the nerves, You gain in confidence everytime you go up. I now have a Phantom 4 Standard which is just awesome.
I also have a Phantom 4. Five minutes into my very first flight I lost trust in the RTH button so I grabbed the sticks. I never flew a drone in my life and didn't have a clue as to what I was doing. It ended up clipping a tree and fell from about 3 feet. Lucky me, no damage except for three props. Changed them and flew another battery.

When I first got my P4 2 years ago I tried all the toys, track, poi , etc etc. I have over 400 flights and 8 million feet and 80% was flown in S, 15% atti, 4% P (take off and land) and 1% RTH. That last 1% is the scariest. I don't have any real use for the toys, I like to fly my craft and I improve my smoothness all the time. I never take off or land in auto, As I used and tried these options I find that I use as mutch energy just watching to make sure they don't screw up because maybe I did something wrong or other, that I prefer controlling the craft myself. If and when I crash it's all going to be me. So far I don't have any use for them althought Litchi may have some potential in the future.

Reactions: MTO
When I first got my P4 2 years ago I tried all the toys, track, poi , etc etc. I have over 400 flights and 8 million feet and 80% was flown in S, 15% atti, 4% P (take off and land) and 1% RTH. That last 1% is the scariest. I don't have any real use for the toys, I like to fly my craft and I improve my smoothness all the time. I never take off or land in auto, As I used and tried these options I find that I use as mutch energy just watching to make sure they don't screw up because maybe I did something wrong or other, that I prefer controlling the craft myself. If and when I crash it's all going to be me. So far I don't have any use for them althought Litchi may have some potential in the future.
I'm like you. All my flying is done manually. Don't want a app controlling my bird!

I'm like you. All my flying is done manually. Don't want a app controlling my bird!
Yeah. Depends on the goal/application. Some things are best done (or only possible) with programmed autonomous flight

Reactions: MTO
I'm gonna try most of them, I do like the point of interest which I used a lot on my P3S and I like the sound of the tripod mode too but I suppose people have there own thoughts on these features.

I'm gonna try most of them, I do like the point of interest which I used a lot on my P3S and I like the sound of the tripod mode too but I suppose people have there own thoughts on these features.
Waypoint mode is great for getting smooth cinematic shots that you pre plan (waypoint missions can have POIs in them and the camera smoothly moves from one to the next.)

Waypoint mode also makes your video REPEATABLE. Which can lead to cool projects where you can video the same thing under different conditions (eg. seasons) and edit them together. I did one like this flying a mission around my property line many times and then creating a video cross fading from one season to the next. The editing part was a little more complicated than it sounds but doable.

Waypoint mode is great for getting smooth cinematic shots that you pre plan (waypoint missions can have POIs in them and the camera smoothly moves from one to the next.)

Waypoint mode also makes your video REPEATABLE. Which can lead to cool projects where you can video the same thing under different conditions (eg. seasons) and edit them together. I did one like this flying a mission around my property line many times and then creating a video cross fading from one season to the next. The editing part was a little more complicated than it sounds but doable.

That's my downfall, The editing part, Although I have a decent editing program (filmora) I'm not all that great at it, All I have learnt from editing is off Youtube or what other peeps have told me, Mind you saying that, I just like making the videos and hope that other people like them too.

For me, the waypoint mode in Litchi is the most fun. I can create a mission and fly it, then make changes to all the variables I want to and watch the time and distance change. I reply the mission several times under different conditions and since it will repeat itself almost exactly get a different perspective each time. It is interesting to fly several flights in different seasons and watch the foliage change. To me it is similar to model railroading where you can change the track layout.

Good flying
Jim
WA5TEF

For me, the waypoint mode in Litchi is the most fun. I can create a mission and fly it, then make changes to all the variables I want to and watch the time and distance change. I reply the mission several times under different conditions and since it will repeat itself almost exactly get a different perspective each time. It is interesting to fly several flights in different seasons and watch the foliage change. To me it is similar to model railroading where you can change the track layout.

Good flying
Jim
WA5TEF
I have used the waypoint mission a ton of times since I started this thread and it's just awesome especially when you can just plan ahead. It gives such smooth movement of the craft. Love it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT