What drone for beginner?

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm looking into buying my first drone. I've never handled a drone before so don't want to spend too much. I've been looking at the Mavic mini Se but also the mavic mini 2. I'd it worth going for the 2 as a beginner?

Reactions: GFields
I'd it worth going for the 2 as a beginner?
Any of the consumer DJI drones would be great for a beginner. However, I think it would make more sense to start with a drone that has the features you need. You can compare them here.

Reactions: Cecil
I think the features come later. At first, you must learn how to fly and the drones mentioned are perfect.
The differences from the bigger one are mostly related to the camera and some functions like the range and speed, but the basic flying technique is the same. I recommend buying a used one for the practice - much cheaper.
Then you can go to the Mavic Air, Mav 2 or Mav 3. Good flying!

Reactions: Brian I
Hi guys,
I'm looking into buying my first drone. I've never handled a drone before so don't want to spend too much. I've been looking at the Mavic mini Se but also the mavic mini 2. I'd it worth going for the 2 as a beginner?
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

Any of the Minis would be a good drone for a beginner.

Reactions: BigL
Any DJI drone would serve you well, but I think the Mini 2 is the best bet. I have an M2P and a P4PV2.0, but I fly the Mini 2 every day! For a beginner, it is a good choice to help you get used to the platform. It is stable, has great range, and takes awesome photos and 4k video. They are currently $399 with the fly more kit on eBay. That's where I bought mine, and I was still able to purchase the DJI Refresh when I activated it. 3 of my coworkers have purchased one since I bought mine. Let me know if you need a link to the same vendor.

Definitely the Mini 2. It has sooo much technology for the price. Have had mine since November, 2020. Let us know how you make out!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20