what does the can bus do?

shaunmed said:
moving any of my switches (gear, elev, flap, ail, rudder) doesnt make the U-channel slider move at all. Do I have to configure something on the Dx6i (as in a new model type, mix etc?)

The U channel is the switch that defines the mode - GPS, ATTI and either MANUAL or FS, depending on what you select in that drop down menu.

shaunmed said:
also the asst software says the exact same thing even when i dont have the radio connected to the LB at all

I think youll find you can get yours to act the same way perhaps if you disconnect the radio as well?

its as if the LB is getting no signal from the radio whatsoever, or not transmitting any info. is there some special other setting on the DX6i that i have to program?

Do you have a model profile for the P2 in your radio? It's not going to work without some programming of the channel outputs.

yes, Ive tried to move any/all my switches but the asst software does not seem to be getting any of the input from the radio.

If I disconnect the radio from the Lightbridge I get the exact same results.

Its either that:
1. the radio cant communicate with the LB Ground Station
2. the LB GS cant transmit the input info from the radio to the Air Station
3. the AS cant receive the transmission from the GS
4. the Naza X2 or D-bus are faulty

sar104 said:
shaunmed said:
also the asst software says the exact same thing even when i dont have the radio connected to the LB at all

I think youll find you can get yours to act the same way perhaps if you disconnect the radio as well?

its as if the LB is getting no signal from the radio whatsoever, or not transmitting any info. is there some special other setting on the DX6i that i have to program?

Do you have a model profile for the P2 in your radio? It's not going to work without some programming of the channel outputs.

i tried this I found on the internet but have no idea if its any good. Do have one you suggest?

Spektrum DX6i Settings for DJI Naza w/GPS
Travel Adj
Thro - 100%
Elev – 100%
Gear – 0% (SW =0) Gear – 80% (SW=1)
Aile – 100% Rudd – 100% Flap – 100%

Flaps
Norm – 100% Land – 100%
Mix 1
Flap -> Gear Act
Rate D+ 100%
SW – Flap Trim INH

shaunmed said:
yes, Ive tried to move any/all my switches but the asst software does not seem to be getting any of the input from the radio.

Its either that:

Oh - so none of the controls (including the sticks) register on the Assistant software?

A couple more questions then. Has this P2 ever flown and, if so, were you controlling it with the same radio? You do have the radio trainer cable plugged into the LB ground unit?

The ground unit is clearly communicating just fine with the air unit - you have green lights and a video feed. You are correct that if I unplug the Futaba I get the same result as deliberately switching to FS, as expected. That suggests that your radio is not talking to your LB. Are you using the single trainer connector cable, with the black plug at the LB ground unit end and the red plug connecting to the trainer cable that goes to the radio?

sar104 said:
shaunmed said:

Its either that:

Oh - so none of the controls (including the sticks) register on the Assistant software?

A couple more questions then. Has this P2 ever flown and, if so, were you controlling it with the same radio? You do have the radio trainer cable plugged into the LB ground unit?

The ground unit is clearly communicating just fine with the air unit - you have green lights and a video feed. You are correct that if I unplug the Futaba I get the same result as deliberately switching to FS, as expected. That suggests that your radio is not talking to your LB. Are you using the single trainer connector cable, with the black plug at the LB ground unit end and the red plug connecting to the trainer cable that goes to the radio?

yes that right no controls including the sticks register in the software.

I have flown the P2 extensively but only with its own DJI radio.

I do have the trainer cable plugged into the LB (black end) and the radio (red end).

shaunmed said:
sar104 said:
shaunmed said:

i tried this I found on the internet but have no idea if its any good. Do have one you suggest?

Spektrum DX6i Settings for DJI Naza w/GPS
Travel Adj
Thro - 100%
Elev – 100%
Gear – 0% (SW =0) Gear – 80% (SW=1)
Aile – 100% Rudd – 100% Flap – 100%

Flaps
Norm – 100% Land – 100%
Mix 1
Flap -> Gear Act
Rate D+ 100%
SW – Flap Trim INH

Well the P2 expects 7 channels as follows:

1. Roll
2. Pitch
3. Throttle
4. Yaw
5. Gimbal tilt (X1)
6. IOC switch (X2)
7. Flight mode switch (U)

Those have to be assigned for it to work before you even start to worry about the numbers. The first 5 are the sticks plus gimbal tilt, and you can calibrate those in the Assistant. The last two need the correct endpoints set in the radio to hit the appropriate blocks on the X2 and U inputs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31