What do you guys think ?

Reaction score
I wasn't aware there was someone there monitoring and giving speeches so I didn't go ask if it was ok I just figured it was worthy of a nice fly

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Did you consider the effects prop wash might have on the sculptures? That's the only problem I have with your flight.

Losta "Barney's" will make up policy on the spot....

I did think about the prop wash but then realized they use special sand that's trucked in so it holds way stronger then regular sand

I viewed the video and I don't think you were low enough to cause any damage to sand sculptures. It was probably a case of someone wanting to feel important!

Alan

I'm not preaching so dont shoot me!

I wouldn't dare fly Icarus in a congested public area. I generally find here in the UK people either love them or hate them ... there is no in between. They seem to forget that I can get a camera out on a beach and take pictures without issue. Put a camera on a UAV and people get hostile. I get the whole "it isn't safe" (nor lawful in the UK) to fly in congested areas (even within 50m of a person!). And personally I don't think I'd be able to relax on a beach knowing there is 1kg of face shredding danger hovering above, IMO it isn't a suitable place to fly something that could have a mechanical failure without warning, nor having you plan A, B landing area always clear. It's only a matter of time before a UAV causes a serious injury or accident .... at that point we'll be even more restricted.

If I want to film something I ask first. Stating that it'll go on youtube if the finished product is any good. That generally gets people excited and on side.

I’m very UAV “friendly” but I didn’t know about the special sand trucked in.

So what do you think an average onlooker thinks when they see an UAV flying low within an area that’s been fenced to keep onlookers at a distance? It’s obviously not fenced for their safety but for the security of all the hard work artists have put into the sculptures.

And let’s not overlook the very real possibility of a mechanical/electronic malfunction with little to no room for emergency landing.

It’s a valid subject and at least you were using a spotter but since you asked what we think. My "slept on it" opinion is that I would’ve maintained position outside the fenced perimeter and away from people who may not wanna be under a working UAV.

"I would’ve maintained position outside the fenced perimeter and away from people who may not wanna be under a working UAV."

Well stated. Flying near crowds is never a good idea. Quads fail and quads drop.

I guess I can see where snooze dogg and Ti22 are coming from and the guy did tell me I could have done another flight but he wanted me to stay 50ft out side of the fenced in area but that would have put me out kinda far to see well with the gopro

Reactions: Ti22

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers