What do i buy?

Reaction score
Ok I'm new to this ,so what am I looking for in first proper drone ? ive traweled the wonder web and youtube channel and decided that dgi is yhe way to go.Ive looked at the phantom and have become really impressed with the overall comments and reviews.How do I decide between each model what a dilemma .At the moment there doesn't appear to be much difference in price between each model and if you go secondhand you can get even more for your money aslong as you know what you are looking for.I have looked at each model in turn looked at my budget and thought is there anyone out there who can throw some advice my way.i looked at the standard and was told that although good value for money it was a lower spec than the pro and adv and the build quality was lower also ,but then you are paying less.The difference between the pro and the adv was purely the quality of the image viewed and the difference in the chargers.Do I really need the higher quality image of the pro do I need 4K. I really like the P4 the latest model full of the latest Tech but I read there have been issues with bugs etc have these been resolved ?I don't like the sound of my investment falling out of the sky into the nearest body of water I know all new tech has minor ailments when brought to the market but have these been resolved with the P4? Ireally am trying to convince my self to go out and buy the P4 but the P3 have had such good press along with the fact you can upgrade with the Liche app .So if there is any one out there who can steer me in the right direction I would very much appreciate it also I have noticed that there is a lot of P4 drones being sold secondhand which are barely out of the box over the internet Is this a sign I don't know thankyou again for any advice .

I have a PS3 and a P4, the former is good but limited due to it being operated through wifi, the latter is great and is the go to drone for pretty much everything I need to do. Cannot comment on the other P3 drones but they get a good write up in this forum and it will come down to how much you want to spend and what you want to do with it. As for drones falling out of the sky etc, that is usually due to operator input or not understanding what they are doing before flying them. I regularly fly out over the ocean and over the forest where I live and have never had an issue. Regardless of what you buy, make sure you read and understand the manual and how to use the technology built into the phantom drones, you can't go wrong with any of them. If you have a problem, this is the forum to get advice and help, there are some very clever and helpful people here that can assist you.

i looked at the standard and was told that although good value for money it was a lower spec than the pro and adv and the build quality was lower also ,but then you are paying less.
The Standard build quality is the same as the Pro and Advanced.
The difference is that it uses old-tech and less capable wifi rather than Lightbridge and the camera is a lower spec.
Once DJI invented Lightbridge, wifi became obsolete for drones.
I really like the P4 the latest model full of the latest Tech but I read there have been issues with bugs etc have these been resolved ?I don't like the sound of my investment falling out of the sky into the nearest body of water I know all new tech has minor ailments when brought to the market but have these been resolved with the P4? Ireally am trying to convince my self to go out and buy the P4 but the P3 have had such good press along with the fact you can upgrade with the Litchi app .
The P4 has been out long enough and is a well proven machine.
You will always read of someone having problems with something but that doesn't mean that the drone isn't good.
A lot of the near-new secondhand drones you see will be due to owners wanting to move over to the new DJI Mavic that has just been released and looks to be pretty good too.
You can't really go wrong with the P3 Adv or Pro or the P4.
Whichever you choose, you're getting a great machine that's significantly better than anything the other manufacturers have put out yet.

P3A owner. It's an amazing machine. As others have said, Lightbridge revolutionized the drone industry.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan