What Camera Upgrade Options for P3 Advanced???

Reaction score
Is there a (relatively easy) way to upgrade the camera on my P3 Advanced to something better?

I wish that the still images were sharper. Also, 4K would be nice, but my main concern would be still image quality.

Is there anything that has variable aperture that can be put on the P3 Advanced? Most cameras don't have the best image quality when shot wide open.

Thanks in advance.

Is there a (relatively easy) way to upgrade the camera on my P3 Advanced to something better?
I wish that the still images were sharper. Also, 4K would be nice, but my main concern would be still image quality.
Is there anything that has variable aperture that can be put on the P3 Advanced? Most cameras don't have the best image quality when shot wide open.
The only options are to replace the camera with the P3 pro camera which will give you no improvement in stills but give video resolution up to 4K instead of 2.7K that you already have.
Not a big improvement.
You are stuck with having no diaphragm too.
The only real upgrade path is to sell the P3 and go to a P4 pro (or advanced), 20 MP, bigger sensor and a real aperture.
Photographically it's a huge improvement.

The only options are to replace the camera with the P3 pro camera which will give you no improvement in stills but give video resolution up to 4K instead of 2.7K that you already have.
Not a big improvement.
You are stuck with having no diaphragm too.
The only real upgrade path is to sell the P3 and go to a P4 pro (or advanced), 20 MP, bigger sensor and a real aperture.
Photographically it's a huge improvement.
Thank you so much for the reply (and for keeping it easy for me).

I will look into the P4 Advanced and P4 Pro.

Thanks again.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj