What camera settings do you use?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm having some trouble with my recorded videos flickering/pulsing as can be seen in the following video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

However I notice no other videos I see here have the same problem - I have a feeling it could be down to the camera settings I'm using, so I was wondering what settings you guys use (particularly white balance and shutter speed settings)

Also does anyone know how to get long exposures? In my shutter settings I can only see fractions of seconds, not whole seconds.

Thanks!

DJI_0035.JPG

I shoot 16:9, 1080p 30 or 60 fps, mp4, NTSC, jpeg raw, custom white balance, color Cine or dlog, histogram on, style is custom -2-3-2, over exposure on, Grid on, 60Hz anti-flicker, continuous file.

Nd filter to get shutter twice the fps,. Here recently ND8

You will likely need 50Hz anti flicker in the UK and PAL.

I don't think I have every use auto at all. Maybe once just to see that it would work.

Hi all,

I'm having some trouble with my recorded videos flickering/pulsing as can be seen in the following video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

However I notice no other videos I see here have the same problem - I have a feeling it could be down to the camera settings I'm using, so I was wondering what settings you guys use (particularly white balance and shutter speed settings)

Also does anyone know how to get long exposures? In my shutter settings I can only see fractions of seconds, not whole seconds.

Thanks!

IDK what software you are using. I use litchi. I click and hold the right wheel on the RC to change from auto to manual exposure. Roll it to select the ISO. Click it again to switch to shutter speed and dial it down using the wheel again. Can't remember off the top of my head how long it will go down to. I presume the other software packages have similar procedures.

These were 2sec exposures in a snow storm:

2 seconds is the longest I have gone. Others have gone longer. There was a mild but gusty wind so I kept it at 2s as I figured thats about the limit of what the Phantom could hold based on weather conditions.

Reactions: With The Birds

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic