What are the possible reasons for gimbal problem(s) ?

Hi, I just wanted to add to this post a solution that worked for me to fix this frustrating "Gimbal dance". I literally just had a bit of luck with what Jiminyfixit suggested but didn't emphasize too hard.

My gimbal on my P3S was doing that dance, I replaced just about EVERYTHING with no luck...the cable, the pitch circuit board, roll circuit board....had just about given up & figured it was the main board when I read Jiminyfixit's post. I had an extra Gimbal I bought for parts, I replaced the entire camera unit & it fixed it with a huge sigh of relief from me.

Now it may have just been the camera circuit board that needed replacing, I did not check that as I did replace the entire camera so that might be something to try as well.

Also, just another thing to check...the circuit board inside the camera plugs into the board below it...after a crash it would be a good thing to check to see if it has come unplugged.

Just wanted to post this as it worked fantastic for me. Thank you Jiminyfixit!

Hi all, not to change the subject but since we're talking about gimbals & faulty ribbon cords i have a problom to ask for suggestions on. I clipped a tree branch and my phantom 3 stardard fell to the ground, camera popped off & broke the ribbon cord. I put a new cord on & reconected the camera and the gimbal & camera doesnt function at all. I get hardware error, gyroscope error & all. Could this have damaged something inside the aircraft body or could it be just a defective third party aftermarket ribbon cord? Ive been seeing forums on cords saying the ribbon cord has to be OEM specific for the model phantom. Anyone got any input on this?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj