what apps exactly have you loaded on the Crystal sky monitor

PhantomWetSuits

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
They just lifted the Side load so can you now load Litchi or a screen recorder. ?

I am wondering the same thing. I really want to get one but not being able to use litchi is a deal breaker for me. I know they lifted the restriction but I don’t think you are able to get paid apps like litchi yet

For the price, do yourself a favor and get an iPad Pro. Good display in bright sunlight and can be used for more than just a display...me dos centavos.

The Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 is about 150 mc/s brighter than the Ipad Pro.

It’s 9 nits brighter than the 9.7’ iPad Pro (441 vs 432). Trivial brightness difference.

It’s seems the OP is more interested in what apps can be sideloaded on the crystal sky.
The Galaxy Tab S3 is closer to 635 mc/s, according to the specs and write up I read, Auto Brightness, full sun, 635-640 mc/s. Very bright, 4k screen.

They just lifted the Side load so can you now load Litchi or a screen recorder. ?
AZRecorder works well enough, though the bubble menu that stays on-screen is too small and you can only really select record. You won't be able to install Litchi because it requires Google Services not supported (not enabled) in the CS.

I really wish 3rd-party software developers (like Litchi, Drone Harmony, etc) would chime in here and let us know if there are workarounds we could use - or better yet, if they are collaborating with DJI to get their software to work with CrystalSky.

Reactions: The Ghost
Many of us have sideloaded Litchi 4.0.2 and it works well

You need to sideload the following apps into the CS to install the fundamental files for the google play services. Look for these apk's on APKpure.com, they have to be the exact ones
  • google-play-services-11-7-44-032-173432861.apk
  • Play Services Info_v0.7_apkpure.com.apk
  • Google Play Store_v8.3.75.U-all [0] [FP] 173942022_apkpure.com.apk
  • Maps Navigation Transport_v9.64.1_apkpure.com.apk
Install in this order

Last edited:
Many of us have sideloaded Litchi 4.0.2 and it works well

You need to sideload the following apps into the CS to install the fundamental files for the google play services. Look for these apk's on APKpure.com, they have to be the exact ones
  • google-play-services-11-7-44-032-173432861.apk
  • Play Services Info_v0.7_apkpure.com.apk
  • Google Play Store_v8.3.75.U-all [0] [FP] 173942022_apkpure.com.apk
  • Maps Navigation Transport_v9.64.1_apkpure.com.apk
Install in this order
Hi lannes,

Thanks for that info. I would be very pleased if I could install a working, reliable copy of litchi. I purchased a license for my Samsung Tab S3 but now I have the CS and tried to install it but it wouldn’t work. I’ll try installing as you recommend here.

However, I have a few questions regarding your install of Litchi. Does it work well? What are the limitations/bugs? Are all the versions of the apps you mention above readily available?

I think it would be ideal if developers like Litchi would assist in the process of getting their licensed software onto the CS. I can see why they wouldn’t want to release an unlocked version of the app, but maybe they could install it for you remotely and then delete the apk file? APKs and Android are new to me so maybe what I’m saying is nonsense for technical reasons or maybe what I’m saying is nonsense for practical reasons. Whatever the case, I’m entitled to wish these things because I’m pretty sure these limitations are artificially imposed and should be removed if in fact all parties truly were interested in serving the customer.

Thanks again for the reply. I’ll give it a try and report my results. I hope you actively monitor this thread/forum.

Hi lannes,

Thanks for that info. I would be very pleased if I could install a working, reliable copy of litchi. I purchased a license for my Samsung Tab S3 but now I have the CS and tried to install it but it wouldn’t work. I’ll try installing as you recommend here.

However, I have a few questions regarding your install of Litchi. Does it work well? What are the limitations/bugs? Are all the versions of the apps you mention above readily available?

I think it would be ideal if developers like Litchi would assist in the process of getting their licensed software onto the CS. I can see why they wouldn’t want to release an unlocked version of the app, but maybe they could install it for you remotely and then delete the apk file? APKs and Android are new to me so maybe what I’m saying is nonsense for technical reasons or maybe what I’m saying is nonsense for practical reasons. Whatever the case, I’m entitled to wish these things because I’m pretty sure these limitations are artificially imposed and should be removed if in fact all parties truly were interested in serving the customer.

Thanks again for the reply. I’ll give it a try and report my results. I hope you actively monitor this thread/forum.

I haven't had any problems with Litchi 4.0.2, it is very stable, no app crashes so far on the CS

Unfortunately I don't think Litchi will ever port their app to the CS, if the CS can't support google play store, no one would be able to purchase it.

Until DJI implement the google apps store completely, which they never will, no app developer will build anything specific for the CS.

DJI’s reluctance to open the CS up to developers is extremely frustrating and IMHO, an extremely foolish move from a business perspective. Thanks again for all your help.

AZRecorder works well enough, though the bubble menu that stays on-screen is too small and you can only really select record. You won't be able to install Litchi because it requires Google Services not supported (not enabled) in the CS.

I really wish 3rd-party software developers (like Litchi, Drone Harmony, etc) would chime in here and let us know if there are workarounds we could use - or better yet, if they are collaborating with DJI to get their software to work with CrystalSky.

Hi salgiambruno,

We were tracking the progress in the communities on getting to work 3rd party applications (including DH). After seeing the first success reports, we decided today to order CS for our dev team in order to get it officially supported (maybe along with an installation guide).

Unfortunately we do not have a direct collaboration or link to DJI (we would love to, but DJI is a big chinese company...), which could allow us to accelerate or facilitate any development at such interfaces. We also have now to wait ~20 business days until our dev team will have access to CS.

So for now we hope that the community (mavic and phantom pilot forums) will help each other to get DH running on CS until we release an official installation guide (probably by beginning of March).

Best regards,
DH Team

Hello DHT,

Thank you for your response to my post. It is encouraging news that DHT is actively seeking viable solutions in regards to app development for CS. I wish you all great and speedy success. And thank you for your blessing in allowing end-users to pursue "non-traditional" solutions in the meantime.

Hi salgiambruno,

We were tracking the progress in the communities on getting to work 3rd party applications (including DH). After seeing the first success reports, we decided today to order CS for our dev team in order to get it officially supported (maybe along with an installation guide).

Unfortunately we do not have a direct collaboration or link to DJI (we would love to, but DJI is a big chinese company...), which could allow us to accelerate or facilitate any development at such interfaces. We also have now to wait ~20 business days until our dev team will have access to CS.

So for now we hope that the community (mavic and phantom pilot forums) will help each other to get DH running on CS until we release an official installation guide (probably by beginning of March).

Best regards,
DH Team

Drone Harmony works on my CS Ultra, no problems at all

drone harmony - Copy.jpg

Reactions: The Ghost
Drone Harmony works on my CS Ultra, no problems at all

View attachment 94060

Awesome! If you have any tricks or hints for our dev team to consider (we expect to get our hands on a CS device in the next weeks), please let us know. We will be more than happy to credit you in an official installation guideline.

Awesome! If you have any tricks or hints for our dev team to consider (we expect to get our hands on a CS device in the next weeks), please let us know. We will be more than happy to credit you in an official installation guideline.

To get DH to work on the CS, I just installed the following APK files, it's no big deal

google-play-services-11-7-44-032-173432861.apk
Play Services Info_v0.7_apkpure.com.apk
Google Play Store_v8.3.75.U-all [0] [FP] 173942022_apkpure.com.apk
Maps Navigation Transport_v9.64.1_apkpure.com.apk

To get DH to work on the CS, I just installed the following APK files, it's no big deal

google-play-services-11-7-44-032-173432861.apk
Play Services Info_v0.7_apkpure.com.apk
Google Play Store_v8.3.75.U-all [0] [FP] 173942022_apkpure.com.apk
Maps Navigation Transport_v9.64.1_apkpure.com.apk

Cool thanks for sharing. Our dev's will look into this as soon as we have the CS.

I am computer dumb & installed apkpure & have downloaded lots of apps. Thanks salgiambruno for recommending the screen recording app. It works pretty good. Wish the bubbles were bigger on the left side but it all works. Will even do live Facebook etc which is pretty cool. I m still learning crystal sky & will probably do a reset as I have loaded lots of apps on it just playing with it to learn how to use it. What I haven’t been able to get working correctly is the Dtran where you can send pictures & videos to your iOS devices. I can get it to accept pictures & only sound on videos but no videos will transfer to my iOS devices. I wouldn’t have even known how to do dtran but great video on YouTube how to use it. You have to have latest firmware on your iOS device & latest on crystal sky & open DJI on your iOS device then download to iOS device. Hope that eventually works as it’s a easy way to put on iOS device for iCloud etc. I’ve gotten used to using mini4 & it’s different learning crystal sky operation. Also they give you the pilot app & it says coming soon to have waypoint missions there. You can use pilot app now but limited. Crystal sky is great for using in bright sunlight. Best thing about it. The SD card slots are great also. Thank you for helpful information here. I’m using the 7.8” crystal sky on my mavic pro. Still using iPad mini4 on p4 as I’m using modified firmware & app with parameters changed. Maybe someday we can modify parameters on crystal sky easily. Again thanks for information. [emoji111]️[emoji256][emoji573]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers