What’s the deal with leaving my P3 in the car.

Reaction score
I’ve read that it’s bad to leave the stuff in a hot place (like my car) for too long. If I just take the batteries with me and leave the drone and the remote in the car for 2 weeks, will it be ok?

Do you know just how hot a car gets inside during the summer shut up . It can't be good just on the drone then again
it might not hurt to. Course it might not be there when ya get back but I sure wouldn't try it to see with any of mine .

I’ve read that it’s bad to leave the stuff in a hot place (like my car) for too long. If I just take the batteries with me and leave the drone and the remote in the car for 2 weeks, will it be ok?

Why would you do that? Are you hiding it from your wife? lol

Lol, no, I’m a pilot so I go on 4 day trips and it’s a long story but I wanted to do a drone job in between and wasn’t going to be able to bring the drone home before going to work.

I'd take it with. Sounds like a good chance to fly in different places for fun

Screen Shot 2018-08-14 at 3.38.57 PM.png

There ya have it and I think thats low as many babies and pets have died in cars closed up .

Reactions: DKG13CC

Don’t forget your drone is made of plastic and I could become damaged from the heat.
Just my thought.
Cheers
Happy Flying

If the craft is in a case out of the sun not bad if it get's hot, (all your car electronics gets very hot and they still work) but storing the batteries in a hot car will degrade them. Always store your batteries around 50% charged in a cool place. If you have no choice to leave them in a car for two weeks make sure they are at storage capacity and they will survive with a little more wear and tear. They won't like it but when you have no choice........

To play Devil's advocate, how hot does it get in the back of a semi truck or a shipping container crossing the ocean for days and or weeks?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic