What’s the deal with leaving my P3 in the car.

Reaction score
I’ve read that it’s bad to leave the stuff in a hot place (like my car) for too long. If I just take the batteries with me and leave the drone and the remote in the car for 2 weeks, will it be ok?

dirkclod

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you know just how hot a car gets inside during the summer shut up . It can't be good just on the drone then again
it might not hurt to. Course it might not be there when ya get back but I sure wouldn't try it to see with any of mine .

Reactions: ianzone
Reaction score
I’ve read that it’s bad to leave the stuff in a hot place (like my car) for too long. If I just take the batteries with me and leave the drone and the remote in the car for 2 weeks, will it be ok?
Why would you do that? Are you hiding it from your wife? lol

Reaction score
Why would you do that? Are you hiding it from your wife? lol
Lol, no, I’m a pilot so I go on 4 day trips and it’s a long story but I wanted to do a drone job in between and wasn’t going to be able to bring the drone home before going to work.

Reactions: planedr
Reaction score
Don’t forget your drone is made of plastic and I could become damaged from the heat.
Just my thought.
Cheers
Happy Flying

Reaction score
If the craft is in a case out of the sun not bad if it get's hot, (all your car electronics gets very hot and they still work) but storing the batteries in a hot car will degrade them. Always store your batteries around 50% charged in a cool place. If you have no choice to leave them in a car for two weeks make sure they are at storage capacity and they will survive with a little more wear and tear. They won't like it but when you have no choice........

Reaction score
To play Devil's advocate, how hot does it get in the back of a semi truck or a shipping container crossing the ocean for days and or weeks?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr.Morningstar