We're totally screwed in Sweden

Reaction score
This week, the Swedish government placed a total 100% ban on camera drones. It is no longer allowed to fly a camera equipped drone in Swedish airspace. Anywhere. Period.

The reason is that they are classified as surveillance equipment, only permitted to be used by the Swedish Army, Air Force and the Police. Any other use is illegal. This strict anti-drone law places Sweden on the same level as North Korea regarding drone flying. It is simply staggering.

It is still unclear how the new rule will be enforced (I find it pretty unlikely that a SWAT team will come rushing as soon as a kid is observed playing with a Hubsan in the backyard), but I would at least assume that most Swedish shops will stop selling drone equipment pretty much immediately. Also, I would expect all private drone photo enterprises working for state agents, TV-companies and similar to go out of business.

Good thing I haven't yet received my Mavic... it would now just be a pretty and expensive paper weight.

/// Tom

Last edited:
That's really quite extreme. Privacy is one things but in this day and age when there are publicly accessible CCTV and everyone has camera phones and car dvrs, maybe be all these should be banned as well with the same arguments.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Pluto88888

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4