Well that's knackered it....

Reaction score
Someone please tell me this is an easy fix... :(
69d4e52e53bf7b5e6e73c79a94263312.jpg
9c838e6c06e6f9beef6aff7d3095f12c.jpg

Last edited:
I've looked at an extra camera I have, and both of my connectors are still attached, so I cant tell HOW they're attached. Solder I would assume, but you'd need a tiny soldering iron to het in there. That's my only suggestion, look at the solder joint and see if you can replicate it. If you cant maybe a computer repair place? And if not that, a new board for the top of the gimbal. But I would try like hell on the first two before I resorted to the last one.
Maybe drop a dab of solder on the socket while its out of the gimbal, then stick it in and heat it till it welds itself to the connection? IDK.

It's going down into the gimbal, so I assume it runs something, but I don't know what exactly. There's a black one and a grey one, and I'd hope dji wouldn't just put wires on there that don't do anything....although they might. If you could find a wiring diagram in the standard you could pin it down, but that may be more trouble find that than having a go at soldering it.

So does anyone know what this cable is for??

is anything NOT functioning when reassembled minus it?
gimbal , camera ,video, telemetry, etc.

support has no tech help it is only there to get info to send in for repair etc. way to complex to fix via phone call...

if EVERYTHING works ok it is possible it is used for advanced model or Lightbridge power etc. that is not on standard
if so how lucky can you get?

is anything NOT functioning when reassembled minus it?
gimbal , camera ,video, telemetry, etc.

support has no tech help it is only there to get info to send in for repair etc. way to complex to fix via phone call...

if EVERYTHING works ok it is possible it is used for advanced model or Lightbridge power etc. that is not on standard
if so how lucky can you get?

Camera works fine, gimbal works. Status says normal. IMU normal. Gimbal calibration works. Camera records. Live stream works. Don't really wanna try flying until I know for sure though.. Emailed Europe support so hopefully they'll get back..

Hopefully I'll soon have some previously unknown info then...

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Camera works fine, gimbal works. Status says normal. IMU normal. Gimbal calibration works. Camera records. Live stream works. Don't really wanna try flying until I know for sure though.. Emailed Europe support so hopefully they'll get back..

Hopefully I'll soon have some previously unknown info then...

Thanks.

Well, I for one would like to know what it goes too, if you find out, would you post it? I know it has nothing to do with trailer brakes or stereo hook ups.....LMAO

So it's the brake light for a caravan?? :D

too funny! yea I didn't want another quad to rear end you!

p3 wiring diagram - Google Search

p3 wiring diagram - Google Search

the p3pro has a fan in the gimbal for cooling,

While I would be curious about it, if all functions test and works ok , maybe try a short low flight , I would think if it is a critical component it would become apparent rather quickly

Last edited:
Well, I for one would like to know what it goes too, if you find out, would you post it? I know it has nothing to do with trailer brakes or stereo hook ups.....LMAO

hey buford that is where I hooked up my System!

when I fly its like "Apacalypse Now" huey's coming at the the cong!

Antena cable with (unfurtunatly) pcb connector. Needs to be soldered back.

Turn the RC and the drone on. Preferably, in an open area. Separate yourself from the copter as far and safe as possible. Walk about 300-400 ft. away and see if everything but flight still works normally.

I wouldn't.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94