Weird noise

Just guessing here but possibly a bad motor bearing?

Reactions: dirkclod
Listening closely to the video, it almost sounds normal, but there is an odd sound in there.
I'm glad ya listened too Mighty. I got a good sound system but I just can't hear it .Afraid I just got old ears .

Here it is ,you'll here the noise. I put new props on as well.

I can hear it, a high frequency squeal. Mine does the same. Don't know if it is a problem or not. I do notice that if I manually spin the props, one motor makes a little more noise than the others. But it does not seem to affect flight.

That squealing is what I'm talking about. I flew today and it Flys fine. My friend at work had a p3s but sold it and he said it always did that. I just don't remember hearing it. Thanks for all the feedback I appreciate the help. I'll keep you posted on anything new. I'm trying to find a repair place around me but cant.

It also sounds a little different if I spin it also,like one side is louder then the other.

Mike you edited out about the screws and shaking camera . Did changing the props fix that issue or what ?
No it didn't but I actually sent the video to a Dji authorized repair place and they told me there is nothing to be concerned over and that the noise is normal. So I think I'm good now. I think I just never payed attention to the noise before.

Well, I'm not convinced. Flew today back at home. Wanted to take another look. Same vibration, same slight noise. I had some video from two weeks ago shot from a handheld camera of the drone and there wasn't the vibration I see now. (I'll try to post tomorrow)

I did a little more looking around and found this on the P3P side:

Major Vibrations P3P | DJI Phantom Forum

Don't know if that will work, but if you search the forums for "Major Vibrations" you'll find a thread very similar to this one. I think something is genuinely wrong here and worth pursuing. I don't think it's quite time for the OP and I to call it good yet.

Well, I'm not convinced. Flew today back at home. Wanted to take another look. Same vibration, same slight noise. I had some video from two weeks ago shot from a handheld camera of the drone and there wasn't the vibration I see now. (I'll try to post tomorrow)

I did a little more looking around and found this on the P3P side:

Major Vibrations P3P | DJI Phantom Forum

Don't know if that will work, but if you search the forums for "Major Vibrations" you'll find a thread very similar to this one. I think something is genuinely wrong here and worth pursuing. I don't think it's quite time for the OP and I to call it good yet.
Thanks man just went and read the 15 pages. The noise I hear on mine I'm going to have to say is normal cause after watching those videos I hear it on all of them. The very first guy that posted the vibration video is dead on of what mine does. Some of those videos had some serious vibration. Mine isn't as bad as some of those. Thanks for linking to the thread.
If anyone wanted to look it was on page 5 of that thread. That's exactly how mine looks. The camera and gimble shake.

This isn't a 3 but I had a bad motor in this . You will see it after I go up and then come down . Now this is a vibration :eek:

This isn't a 3 but I had a bad motor in this . You will see it after I go up and then come down . Now this is a vibration :eek:
Mine doesn't vibrate like that. If you go to page 5 of that other thread and scroll down to first video that is what mine looks like. Can you check it out and let me know if yours does that?

Mine doesn't vibrate like that. If you go to page 5 of that other thread and scroll down to first video that is what mine looks like. Can you check it out and let me know if yours does that?
Now that I don't know as I always look at mine pointing at me . I will check tomorrow if this rain stops and tell ya . It doesn't look at all like that looking at the lens .

Reactions: mikep2323
Now that I don't know as I always look at mine pointing at me . I will check tomorrow if this rain stops and tell ya . It doesn't look at all like that looking at the lens .
OK mike here it is. I took it with my Mini on my TX so it's not good but you can hear it and I have no shaking with the gimbal like in that other video .

Reactions: mikep2323
Well mine seems to have settled down a bit. I can't explain it. Still have the squeak/squeal noise, but it seems to match the other videos (thanks dirkclod). The vibration was very similar to the post on page 3 of the other thread, but now seems nearly gone. Can't explain it really. The drone doesn't seem quite as rock steady as it did in the beginning, but that may just be environmentals.
I noted that one of the posters on the other link downgraded his firmware then re-updated and it seemed to fix his issues. I wouldn't mind giving that a shot just to start clean. Anyone know how to go about that on a P3S?

Well mine seems to have settled down a bit. I can't explain it. Still have the squeak/squeal noise, but it seems to match the other videos (thanks dirkclod). The vibration was very similar to the post on page 3 of the other thread, but now seems nearly gone. Can't explain it really. The drone doesn't seem quite as rock steady as it did in the beginning, but that may just be environmentals.
I noted that one of the posters on the other link downgraded his firmware then re-updated and it seemed to fix his issues. I wouldn't mind giving that a shot just to start clean. Anyone know how to go about that on a P3S?

I don't know if we can do as they do with the firmware . That thread was in Pro/Adv
It seems to me all these P3S's are like almost different . I've been reading so many post where they are not getting any distance and I got 6,666'stock with mine . .You got me buddy .I must have just been lucky with the one I got .

I don't know, but if it is possible.
This might be the way.

DJI Releases New Firmware for the Phantom 3 Standard | Page 5 | DJI Phantom Forum

Start about #88

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav