Weird gimbal Behavior- near end of video

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I flew my p3p before dusk this evening and was testing altitude and distance with the light bridge technology and android dji app. At around 1 minute in the video I was approximately 1000-1250 feet away and I lost signal to the rc. The screen went back and white in the app. After about 5 seconds the fpv came back online but I was getting strange telimetry data. The drone was only flying at around 18 mph at full throttle (was getting over 30 mph on the trek over before turning back towards the home point). I felt like I could barely control the drones movement at this point. The gimbal began to shake near the end of the video.

Anyways, I'm new to quads but haven't had any jello or shake previously in my 5 other flights. There was no foam in the gimbal either and I re calibrated upon landing without being able to reproduce the shakiness. Any ideas what happened here? cheers

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if it was the DJI Pilot software that crashed on you. May I ask what device you're using in your setup? Since you're already flying I'm going to assume you're using an android based device. If you happen to use a device not listed as a "supported device" by DJI there may be some hiccups. I've run into a similar issue using my Samsung Galaxy S3 (which is not supported) and restarting the app fixed it. DJI Pilot has some rough edges being in its early state for the P3 especially for unsupported devices so be careful and be glad your drone is okay. :D

Yes sir. Was using the Moto G workaround until I can use my iOS devices. Amazingly it kept the display at 1300 ft altitude. Went up to test altitude then came right back down. I could barely still see the P3p at that height

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic