Weird effect when rotating left

Reaction score
Hi guys

I noticed that when I rotate my drone to the left the video on top left corner is weird... With some kind of "waves"... Watch this clip please:

Dropbox - DJI_0220.mp4

It does it in MP4 and MOV, and since the beggining. I have the drone since November, but only now I noticed it a lot.

Any idea why this happens? Cheers

edit: it also does the effect on top left corner when I rotate right...

If you watch the bottom left of your video there is an area down there that is affected too. My videos come out the the same "wobble" in the same two spots. I haven't seen anyone else mention this yet though.

If you watch the bottom left of your video there is an area down there that is affected too. My videos come out the the same "wobble" in the same two spots. I haven't seen anyone else mention this yet though.

Yes and sometimes does the effect when going forward or back, not only rotating... I contacted a DJI authorized seller and they recommended doing firmware updates and resetting both drone and camera settings. If problem persists I will send it to DJI warranty

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Yes and sometimes does the effect when going forward or back, not only rotating... I contacted a DJI authorized seller and they recommended doing firmware updates and resetting both drone and camera settings. If problem persists I will send it to DJI warranty
Have you had a chance to try this yet? Did resetting any of the setting change anything?

Unfortunately after trying different troubleshooting the problem is still present.

I tried:

- Checked the gimbal for stickers or foams;
- Swapped the propellers to new original ones that came extra with package;
- Reset IMU seetings:
- Reset gimbal calibration;
- Reset camera settings
- Gimbal shock absorvers are same state as original when first unpacking
- Tried all video modes (MOV, MP4, different res and fps) error present in all of them

I went to see the first videos I shooted on first days I got the drone, all videos have this problem, either is sunny or cloudy, cold or hot days, wind and no wind

Here's an example from 17 Nov 2017 the day I was delivered the drone, uncompressed original file:
http://goog_771270269/
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7klqwvraieefzxb/DJI_0220.mp4

Looks to me like you have distortion in your lens from a manufacturing defect or a hard knock.

I dropped a (really, really, painfully expensive) lens 8" onto concrete and the housing bent, pushing something out of alignment. Now it's wavy in one of the corners.

Looks to me like you have distortion in your lens from a manufacturing defect or a hard knock.

I dropped a (really, really, painfully expensive) lens 8" onto concrete and the housing bent, pushing something out of alignment. Now it's wavy in one of the corners.

In my case it's definitely a defect, since it has done this since day one. I'm going to send it to DJI warranty

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Hi guys

I noticed that when I rotate my drone to the left the video on top left corner is weird... With some kind of "waves"... Watch this clip please:

Dropbox - DJI_0220.mp4

It does it in MP4 and MOV, and since the beggining. I have the drone since November, but only now I noticed it a lot.

Try changing your frame rate in your camera settings put as auto

@miguel84, that looks like a camera defect, especially since you've tried all the suggestions here. I think you're right sending it in for warranty repair. I had a pretty good experience with DJI on repair. Document everything well for them and include links to your videos. Good luck and let us know what happens!

@miguel84, that looks like a camera defect, especially since you've tried all the suggestions here. I think you're right sending it in for warranty repair. I had a pretty good experience with DJI on repair. Document everything well for them and include links to your videos. Good luck and let us know what happens!

OK I will keep you guys updated

Hi guys

Dropbox - DJI_0220.mp4

Could be an optical issue or a a-d converter although the latter would most likely manifest itself in other areas. I would look at a resolution chart, (available online) and watch that corner live while slowly manually rotating the drone. If you see it still, it’s most likely optical(glass) issue. Digital artifacts are usually more intermittent and show as pixels or drop out. It looks to me to be optical as it is a “roll” if you will, in the edges of the usable optical path.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31