weak signal?

Reaction score
I have a Professional model and I always start off each flight with calibrating the compass. When I go to fly, it will go about 182 meters before it says "Weak Signal". I know that if there are objects in the way, that affects the range. I fly in an open field with nothing around. This will happen flying away from me or straight up. The advertisent on dji boasts it can go 2000meters away but mine can't go any farther than 182 meters without losing signal. How does everyone else go so far away?

Mine is the same, since I updated to the latest firmware I get a maximum of 1200ft away then "no signal" is displayed

What is the altitude when you get the message? Do you have clear line of site to the Phantom when you get this signal. If there are trees or objects blocking a straight line from the controller to the Phantom, you probably will get this signal loss or weak signal message. When it happens to mine, I ascend until the signal comes back... so if you want 2000 meters-- you need good line of sight-- from the controller to the Phantom.:)

I was by the coast at 392ft alt and flew 9500ft till I got weak signal , antennas perpendicular to the earth . I have seen differences when there not aimed right . This after update

What is the altitude when you get the message? Do you have clear line of site to the Phantom when you get this signal. If there are trees or objects blocking a straight line from the controller to the Phantom, you probably will get this signal loss or weak signal message. When it happens to mine, I ascend until the signal comes back... so if you want 2000 meters-- you need good line of sight-- from the controller to the Phantom.:)

I fly in an open area with nothing but grass around. So in case it crashes, it wont hit someone or something other than the ground. And I still can't get any farther than about 650 feet. Is there not some kind of range extender on the app?

I fly in an open area with nothing but grass around. So in case it crashes, it wont hit someone or something other than the ground. And I still can't get any farther than about 650 feet. Is there not some kind of range extender on the app?

Make sure the antennas are directed properly on the controller-- 90 degrees in relation to the ground-- so if you hold your transmitter flat-- they will be vertical coming from the controller-- it you tilt it back like most do, you will have to tilt them out away from you. Also make sure the antennas don't touch you ipad or android-- this will create loss of signal.

You might also want to use a different cable to your tablet or phone, just to rule that out, as well as try a different phone or tablet to make sure it is not device compatibility.

If any of this doesn't help, then I am pretty much at a dead end with suggestions--- maybe one of the other lads will chime in.

Check the channels and nominate another..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.