Weak RC Signal

Ok great I definitely won't be updating my pilot app and the firmware is 1.1.9 . Everything works great. I have not tried to push the range yet . I've only gone out about 5500 feet which is nothing compared to my p2v+ with a bunch of mods.

Dbsmods.com
This antenna is only 209 dollars including installation and you'll get better range. Nothing against fpvlr I have bought several products from them but at 525 dollars with the install and you have to use amps makes it less appealing . The debs itelite will start shipping in about a week. In my opinion its a better deal.
Yes. Thank you. My brother and I placed our orders the first day of the preorder. I was going to cancel if the foil booster worked, but unfortunately it didn't help much. We will be doing the mod ourselves.

Awesome! ! I can't decide if I want to attempt this mod or not. On my p2v+ the controller only cost 100 dollars . The p3 is a little bit more at 600 if something goes wrong . It looks like it's actually easier than the p2 . I'm sure my lack of patience will kick in and I'll end up doing it myself :)

Reactions: Alex Kiritsis
Awesome! ! I can't decide if I want to attempt this mod or not. On my p2v+ the controller only cost 100 dollars . The p3 is a little bit more at 600 if something goes wrong . It looks like it's actually easier than the p2 . I'm sure my lack of patience will kick in and I'll end up doing it myself :)
Lol. Only a bit more! Fortunately my brother used to work at tetoboro airport, working on little gadgets inside private airplanes so we should have no problem doing the mods.

Reactions: phantom13flyer
Alternatively, you can buy a brand new transmitter at a cost of $370 that the $475 mod has already been done to for a total of $845, which keeps your original as a backup. FPVCustoms.com offers that option. $475 and you supply your transmitter, or $845 using one of their new ones.

Last edited:
Dbsmods.com will do the mod for you for only 100 dollars and that includes return shipping . Chuck does a nice clean install. That is who did mine . Can't beat 200 dollars total for the dbs itelite antenna and all the hardware and the install and return shipping . It took me less than a week to get my controller back. Best deal for sure!!

Please take another look at the manual, the antenna's should be parallel and pointing up as much as your monitor will allow.
i-JFQxpjt-X3.png
on the strong signal picture if the antennas were same as picture but pointing outwards (like a v)
would this make it even stronger signal ?.

on the strong signal picture if the antennas were same as picture but pointing outwards (like a v)
would this make it even stronger signal ?.
No, the antennas need to be parallel to eachother to minimize interference between them, and they need to be parallel to the antennas on the aircraft positioned vertically in the strut legs. While flying forward and away from you, those legs will be parallel to the antennas positioned on the transmitter at 45°. In a hover with no wind, positioning them vertically is best with the transmitter held horizontally, pointed directly at the aircraft for the strongest signal, with no obstructions interfering with LOS.

Last edited:
What's keeping me from not getting too concerned is the fact that both my brother and I are getting the same range, in the same areas. I have also brought mine to a private airport where I still got interference, but at a much further distance of 4500 ft. and it was because I started to get over some large mansions and still in a mountainous area. The videos online I'm seeing of people reaching out 12000 ft are flying over flat, lightly populated areas, like out in the plain states. Over here in north Jersey it is definitely not lightly populated anywhere u go.

My distance limit is at max and beginner mode off. Thanks

I've gotten "Weak RC Signal" warnings at 400' here in Staten Island. I chalked it up to being in areas that are just too populated, with way too much electronic interference.

Well I'm on the other side of the beach ball (Australia) and I get the same regularly in more urban areas, a couple of times only 300 feet before the video signal warning, as does another guy I know on the other side of my country. Yet out in the sugar cane fields I got 3100 meters (10170 feet) before even a hint of video signal loss, at which time I turned around.

Oddly I seem to get more bad signal messages when on the way back. For instance, on that 3100 meter flight, I had the bad video signal at that distance, then turned around and then inbound at 900 meters (2952 feet), I got a bad RC signal (which lasted about 4 seconds)

I'm a noob but although worrying about all this at first, Iv come to the conclusion this must be normal and as someone else said, you can probably most of the time, keep flying on, or gain some altitude, and get through the problem area although I admit at this stage, I'm still mostly finding myself turning around when it happens....

Ok great I definitely won't be updating my pilot app and the firmware is 1.1.9 . Everything works great. I have not tried to push the range yet . I've only gone out about 5500 feet which is nothing compared to my p2v+ with a bunch of mods.
I'm running newest app upgrade with 32 channels, you just have to reinsert the file again after you update.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm running newest app upgrade with 32 channels, you just have to reinsert the file again after you update.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Unless you first completely delete the DJI GO app, the hack will survive any app update, including the P4 update. It stays unchanged in the root folder as a document, just like your .txt flight logs stay in their folder during any app update. However, this could change at any time, so best to wait for confirmation that any new app update still supports the hack, before taking the plunge and updating. To protect yourself, turn OFF all "Auto Updates" under your Settings menu (it is set to "ON by default!), and manually select which updates you want to allow to be installed.

Reactions: Suntana

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl