Weak RC error

Reaction score
Flying yesterday about 450M from home and saw poor video feed for the first time. There was a house and a few trees between me and the P3, so I should've expected it. In addition to the lines and interruption in the video feed, I also got the red Weak RC Transmission error at the top.

It then occurred to me that the FPV feed and the RC control are now linked. Flying my old P2, I'd love FPV at 200M, but still have VLOS and control with the RC. Is this not the case with the P3? If I had continued to push it, would I have gone into auto RTH at the same time I lost reliable video feed? Any idea about how much of a warning the error message is?

Flying yesterday about 450M from home and saw poor video feed for the first time. There was a house and a few trees between me and the P3, so I should've expected it. In addition to the lines and interruption in the video feed, I also got the red Weak RC Transmission error at the top.

It then occurred to me that the FPV feed and the RC control are now linked. Flying my old P2, I'd love FPV at 200M, but still have VLOS and control with the RC. Is this not the case with the P3? If I had continued to push it, would I have gone into auto RTH at the same time I lost reliable video feed? Any idea about how much of a warning the error message is?
FPV is not 'linked' to the controller. You can fly it w/o a video feed if necessary. However, since both dropped at the same time, there was clearly some interference or obstruction between you and the bird. Also make sure your antenna have proper orientation to the bird. And yes, if you lost complete control signal, RTH would have kicked in.

Thanks, losing them at the same time (definitely due to obstruction) made me wonder if they're on the same radio feed.

Same thing happened to me yesterday. Got Weak RC warning, Video went down, and bird entered RTH immediately.

On a side note, I like that you can give input during the RTH procedure. From what people were saying in a couple threads I thought that canceling RTH was necessary to regain control.

I've had the "weak transmission warning" for the last two days. a scrolling warning at the top of my screen. I never had a problem until I updated the firmware a few days ago. What's really bad and not being to see altitude and speed.

Youll get rth when control signal is lost completely however you can push on and try aiming more directly and pick both signals back up and continue to fly for miles. Thats what makes the lightbridge superior

I've had the "weak transmission warning" for the last two days. a scrolling warning at the top of my screen. I never had a problem until I updated the firmware a few days ago. What's really bad and not being to see altitude and speed.
I wouldnt hurt to downgrade back to 5.1.30 then retry upgrade, calibrations again.
I had that same thing happen after a successful imu calibration recently. I recalibrated and repowered and it was fine

I wouldnt hurt to downgrade back to 5.1.30 then retry upgrade, calibrations again.
I had that same thing happen after a successful imu calibration recently. I recalibrated and repowered and it was fine

I'm trying to load the V1.4 now. It worked unlike 1.5 I tried to update to. I was at the point this morning where the motors wouldn't even start. I flew a bit yesterday but had problems all day. then this morning nothings working except the wing indicator lights and the camera. I've tried DJI GO and Litchi.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues