weak image transmission signal & rc firmware

Update on this.

Today i flew in urban area in two different places with great success, and almost none interference. Setting was custom at 5.8Ghz, and 4Mbit streming. I did have some drop of signal, but nothing like before, and flew totally without stress. One thing is left for me to test, and that is my reference point where i had most problems with P4P and only some with P3P. Will post update when i fly there. But i think that Custom settings solves the problem. Didn't play with 2.4Ghz today, but will test that as well.

Update on this.

Today i flew in urban area in two different places with great success, and almost none interference. Setting was custom at 5.8Ghz, and 4Mbit streming. I did have some drop of signal, but nothing like before, and flew totally without stress. One thing is left for me to test, and that is my reference point where i had most problems with P4P and only some with P3P. Will post update when i fly there. But i think that Custom settings solves the problem. Didn't play with 2.4Ghz today, but will test that as well.

You can try bumped up the streaming to 6Mbit, I've tried it with my ipad mini 2 with no issues at all. I find that 4mbits is still pixelated for me to compose my video.

Great to hear that you've solved the issue now.

Ill try 6Mbit as well, but 4 also does the job preety good for me, i don't really care that much about preview quality, what's on SD card is what matters :)

You can try bumped up the streaming to 6Mbit, I've tried it with my ipad mini 2 with no issues at all. I find that 4mbits is still pixelated for me to compose my video.

Great to hear that you've solved the issue now.

Is this doable with the p4p+??

I haven’t even really looked into the custom settings but wondering if this could also be helpful for me??

I haven't had any P4P+ in my hands, but i am 99% sure that it has Custom settings as well.

Hello,

I started to get weak image transmission signal warning and my phone screen shows black/green only. I checked & played with the HD settings but no success. According to the dji app, i have the latest firmwares, however when i check the release notes on the dji website, it says that the rc firmware should be 1.4.1.0 whereas the "about" section on the app shows that i have 1.9.2+ for the RC... i always did the updates via the app according to its notifications but there seems to be an inconsistency. Can this be the reason for the weak image transmission signal? If yes, how do i get the correct& corresponding rc firmware via the app?
Thank you
Did you ever get this resolved? I have the same problem.

Hi,
At the end, i had to send my remote controller back to dji.. it was still under warranty, they replaced it with a new one.
Isn’t a year warranty? That is what I should do. You just sent controller? How long did it take?

Isn’t a year warranty? That is what I should do. You just sent controller? How long did it take?

It just took 1 week..being in Europe, i was suggested to send it to the Netherlands. open a case in their system and then provide all the necessary information when sending the remote controller.

Thanks
It just took 1 week..being in Europe, i was suggested to send it to the Netherlands. open a case in their system and then provide all the necessary information when sending the remote controller.
Thanks - I opened a case today

My p4p was grounded for weeks after the bad firmware update back in May.

Weeks after week i just kept on trying to refresh the AC and RC firmware and test it out. After 6 weeks of trying I finally nailed it and i have no major issues since.

I now have strong transmission signal, very stable flying in strong wind.

I don't get the green screen glitch on my ipad mini 2 now too.
Any chance you could share what you did to straighten it out?

I was considering sending my p4 to DJI, but am concerned they may send me another back. I bought a new P4 in an unopened box just 3 weeks ago and I had a half decent flight on it with a SG7 phone for a short period so I knew it worked. Then the dreaded firmware update causes a garbled green screen with a black box in the middle and with weak signal messages.
I tried using the assistant 2 and everything loaded properly ( better than when it was done on go4) and still have same problems.
Please post how it goes when you get it back, i am going to fly my p3pro and hope they get this software mess straightened out.

Any chance you could share what you did to straighten it out?

Just did an hour flight to shoot my Dragon Boat team event on Saturday over clouds and slight strong wind. Solid connectivity and hardly encounter strong wind warnings. I noticed my flight time has improved a lot too.

My settings were customed channels at 5.8G and lowered the bit rate to 6 bms, I left my mobile phone in my bag, airplane mode with my ipad mini2. The rest are just preflight ritual checks like compass and sensor calibrations and make sure your ipad only runs DJIGO.

Update your firmware and relink your remote to your aircraft then do a quick flight test to check if the condition has improved. If not, relink and update try again. I did this process for nearly a month until I discovered the method above.

It worked for me and others too. I've shared multiple times in this forum.

Good Luck! You can PM me if you want need help.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl