weak image transmission signal & rc firmware

Sounds like you have the same problem I had last time but mine is with ipad mini 2.

Try reinstall the firmware again and log back to DJI go app and try again, that might solve the issue. maybe a new cable helps too.

I did everything you recommend. It si more better, but not perfect. If I fly in open air, it si fine, but when a drone is not in sight, for example, behind trees, I'm losing the signal. I flew three batteries, I'll continue to test.

Sounds exactly similar to mine however I was gonna try and android tablet but you already answered my question so it can't be our tablets I really doubt it. We're both getting the same issue with two different types of tablets I've tried my iPhone and my iPad and they both get the same issue so we really have an iPhone, and android tablet, and iPad, and I even tried my full-size iPad today so I really doubt it's a tabletissue.

I had the same issue with my p3p after the latest GO update. Saw on another thread to refuse the bird to the controller. Takes about 2 minutes. I did this after not being able to go more than 500-1000' with weak transmission and disconnects. Have done two flights one up to 5000' distant and another to 10,000' feet with it working perfectly. Seems to have fixed it for me?

Reactions: Chopperimage
I had the same issue with my p3p after the latest GO update. Saw on another thread to refuse the bird to the controller. Takes about 2 minutes. I did this after not being able to go more than 500-1000' with weak transmission and disconnects. Have done two flights one up to 5000' distant and another to 10,000' feet with it working perfectly. Seems to have fixed it for me?

I'm not sure what you mean by refuse the bird to the controller?

Ya thanks so much. Those didn't help.

HOWEVER

I think I am on to a work around.

So I am flying with my iPad in airplane mode. I cache maps FIRST.

Secret Sauce is on ITS, or Image Transmission Settings are:

Channel Mode: Custom
Freq: 5.8G
Channel: I have mine set to one channel and that is 16. I don't think that matters but I only use one channel.
Transmission Quality: 6Mbps.

AND it works great!

I always fly in VLOS so I only run into a slight problem if I am behind trees but can still see my Phantom.

Reactions: Hshen
Yeah but if your losing connection/video connection at those distances you've got major issues.

YES!!! That is correct. I think I have narrowed them though if I can tell DJI what "makes this work" or what "my work around is". My P4P is only a month old. I have no idea why it is doing this. It should not do this at all for the money we pay for these. Also there are many like this.

i also have a problem with my drone p3a after updating to latest firmware it easily losses signal. at about 20meters flight

I have the p4p+ and I get this transmission signal problem as well. Seems I cannot fly very far without it getting this error. Still to this day I have no idea how some folk can fly so far away because mine eventually just disconnects and RTH.

And this isn’t in the city - this is in remote regional areas so no idea exactly what’s causing this so called “interference”.

I have the p4p+ and I get this transmission signal problem as well. Seems I cannot fly very far without it getting this error. Still to this day I have no idea how some folk can fly so far away because mine eventually just disconnects and RTH.

And this isn’t in the city - this is in remote regional areas so no idea exactly what’s causing this so called “interference”.

Did you have your mobile phone with you while you are flying? What I've learned is to put your mobile on airplane mode or put it away from your RC to minimise signal interference.

Try that again and see if this helps.

Reactions: Ben01
Did you have your mobile phone with you while you are flying? What I've learned is to put your mobile on airplane mode or put it away from your RC to minimise signal interference.

Try that again and see if this helps.

As a matter of fact generally I have it in my pocket while I’m flying - so cheers for the tip I’ll give it a try next time!!

Similar issue here. In urban areas, even at 5.8Ghz i have Weak Image Transmission warning, but HD link bars in app are at full(?), what degrades is remote control signal and P4P gets disconnected. 2.4Ghz is disastrous in urban areas. Interesting thing is i fly at exactly the same urban areas as with my P3P which had only some drop-down at RC control, and Image Transmission was at full all the time.

This happens only in urban areas, in open fields i can fly faaaar without any problems even at 5.8Ghz.

Also i started to get those lines, black and green screen on IPad mini 3. Hope all of this is just software-APP issue, and will be resolved in future(soon) updates.

Similar issue here. In urban areas, even at 5.8Ghz i have Weak Image Transmission warning, but HD link bars in app are at full(?), what degrades is remote control signal and P4P gets disconnected. 2.4Ghz is disastrous in urban areas. Interesting thing is i fly at exactly the same urban areas as with my P3P which had only some drop-down at RC control, and Image Transmission was at full all the time.

This happens only in urban areas, in open fields i can fly faaaar without any problems even at 5.8Ghz.

Also i started to get those lines, black and green screen on IPad mini 3. Hope all of this is just software-APP issue, and will be resolved in future(soon) updates.

It seems like you have the same issue as mine, I grounded my P4P for weeks after the bad update. I kept on refreshing the firmware for AC and RC. test fly them with custom 5.8ghz, 6 mbs transmission quality, kept my mobile phone away from the RC, this method it worked for me ever since. Hope you find your solution soon!

Will definitely try custom HD, just not sure how to select Custom from HD menu. It is locked to Auto, even if i change tablet to English US language, it stays locked in auto.

Update:

I changed language, and region to US, and Custom is unlocked now. Will post update when i go out flying in urban area tomorrow.

Funny thing is that in Auto Channel all bars at 2.4 were red all the time (i checked constantly for a month). Now when i changed to Custom i get mostly green bars (with some red) in Custom and in Auto too...

Last edited:
Reactions: Ben01
Skysense let us know how you go mate [emoji106]

If it works out for you I might look into giving it a go as well.

I will post update in roughly 24hrs :)

But from my earlier experience with P3P going in Custom all the time and 4Mbits quality, this should me fine too, specially it is 5.8Ghz.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT