Weak GPS signal on P4P+ controller

Reaction score
My P4P+ controller will not allow me to set the unit as the home location, as it's constantly saying"weak GPS signal" I am in the middle of nowhere no mountains, no buildings, no power lines etc. Running V01.02.01.00
Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

My P4P+ controller will not allow me to set the unit as the home location, as it's constantly saying"weak GPS signal"
Do you need to reset the home point?
Usually this only for people that are moving as they fly, say on a moving car or boat.
If not, just leave the home point set by the Phantom with its GPS where you launch.

But your username suggest you are on a boat so it's possible you really do need to reset to the current location of the controller.
Weak GPS signal means no GPS signal.
I haven't used the P4 pro to know how it works but any other Android tablet with a GPS unit, allows you to enable/disable GPS in the Location settings.
If GPS is disabled, you would get the Weak GPS Signal message

Do you need to reset the home point?
Usually this only for people that are moving as they fly, say on a moving car or boat.
If not, just leave the home point set by the Phantom with its GPS where you launch.

But your username suggest you are on a boat so it's possible you really do need to reset to the current location of the controller.
Weak GPS signal means no GPS signal.
I haven't used the P4 pro to know how it works but any other Android tablet with a GPS unit, allows you to enable/disable GPS in the Location settings.
If GPS is disabled, you would get the Weak GPS Signal message

Many thanks for your reply, yes I am needing to set my home point to the controller unit, as I am on a boat.
There is no option in the settings of the pro+ unit to enable or disable the GPS.
The footprint is also not registering in another country.

Many thanks for your reply, yes I am needing to set my home point to the controller unit, as I am on a boat.
There is no option in the settings of the pro+ unit to enable or disable the GPS.
The footprint is also not registering in another country.
If you turn on the controller and display without the Phantom and with no wifi in the area, does the display show your location on the map?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl