We want to be able to set home point DJI

Reaction score
ok even my phantom 2 had the ability to reset the home point to were the bird was
please fix this nothing worse than losing sight of your bird out on the boat and it heads back to were the boat used to be!! I don't care if its dynamic or just manual reset like old app was but we need one of them.

PLEASE LIKE AND COMMENT IN HOPES DJI WILL HEAR US

I thought that was what the 'H' icon did on the camera screen, reset the home point to either where the bird is (quad icon) or to where the controller is (person icon)..... back to the manual I guess. Wish I would get my bird so I can work all this out I am better hands on.

It looks like it does on the app ... but according to those with a P3, this option disappears when you connect the Phantom.

It's one of the most useful basic functions and is present for the Inspire.
No reason for DJI to omit this for the P3.
i-kvL4TBX-L.png

It looks like it does on the app ... but according to those with a P3, this option disappears when you connect the Phantom.

It's one of the most useful basic functions and is present for the Inspire.
No reason for DJI to omit this for the P3.
i-kvL4TBX-L.png
I think you have the old app. This is the screen I had before updating the app. Now the option to reset the home point is gone and the google maps have moved over to the left.

Possibly be back on when the next update comes :)

I think you have the old app. This is the screen I had before updating the app. Now the option to reset the home point is gone and the google maps have moved over to the left.
That's 1.1.0 but my P3 hasn't arrived.
I was just showing that the function is in there but as you said, it currently doesn't work with the P3.
Definitely something DJI need to fix.

Reactions: Lew40
I wonder if this function was deliberately taken out to give more perceived value to the Inspire to justify the difference in price? They both use the same app. so the function is already in the app. Does anyone know if they use the same flight controller? My Vision plus with NAZA had the ability to change home point so even if it is a different flight controller than the Inspire it should not be difficult to implement. One of the things I like in the Pilot app. is how easy it is to set a new home point. I do not have the P3 yet so I am just playing with the Pilot app. while the Beta testers check out the P3, I will be ordering one soon.

I noticed in some pictures that 2 of the 4 buttons on the left in the Pilot app. were missing when connected to the Phantom, what is the other function that is disabled?

Smart RTH
Use the RTH button on the remote controller (refer to “RTH button” on page 26 for more information) or
tap the RTH button in the DJI Pilot app and follow the on-screen instructions when GPS is available to initiate
Smart RTH. The aircraft will then automatically return to the last recorded Home Point. You may use
the remote controller’s control sticks to control the aircraft’s position to avoid a collision during the Smart
RTH process. Press and hold the Smart RTH button once to start the process, and press the Smart RTH
button again to terminate the procedure and regain full control of the aircraft.

Smart RTH
Use the RTH button on the remote controller (refer to “RTH button” on page 26 for more information) or
tap the RTH button in the DJI Pilot app and follow the on-screen instructions when GPS is available to initiate
Smart RTH. The aircraft will then automatically return to the last recorded Home Point. You may use
the remote controller’s control sticks to control the aircraft’s position to avoid a collision during the Smart
RTH process. Press and hold the Smart RTH button once to start the process, and press the Smart RTH
button again to terminate the procedure and regain full control of the aircraft.

Everyone here knows how RTH button works but on DJI phantom 3 app 1.1.1 with firmware 1.1.8 the option to reset home point during flight is not an option
you can only have home point were motors were started
this is not a good deal for like lets say im on a boat and filming RTH happens and it flies back to were boat was.
On inspire app and phantom vision app we could reset home point during flight

Yes, this is a MUST HAVE, I do serious off roading (think Rubicon) and need to update the home point as we go, don't need the bird heading off into the woods on a LOS to the start up point as we might be 2 or 3 miles away.

I'm sure I read that the feature to reset the home point to the controller has been left off due to no GPS built into the controller unlike the Inspire 1 controller which has built in GPS.

I'm sure I read that the feature to reset the home point to the controller has been left off due to no GPS built into the controller unlike the Inspire 1 controller which has built in GPS.

I can reset the home point to the Phantom 2's current location anytime. I don't understand why THAT option doesn't exist. But, are some of you ALSO wanting to reset GPS to the controller's new location?

we are not talking a dynamic home point , just the ability to reset the home point like the phantom vision , vision plus and inspire

why when this is a upgrade would we lose features:mad:

we are not talking a dynamic home point , just the ability to reset the home point like the phantom vision , vision plus and inspire

why when this is a upgrade would we lose features:mad:
Exactly!

By the way, the Vision app has had Dynamic Home Point since October. Not like it's such big stretch to have that as well.

At least we need to be able to reset home point to current aircraft location.

If tablet running Pilot app has a GPS built in it should not be a problem setting dynamic home point or resetting to your current position like it is done in previous versions of the Phantom. I am guessing this will be coming in future software upgrades since there would have to be some changes in the program to use the tablet GPS as opposed to the GPS built into the Inspire controller which the Pilot app was originally written for.

To set home point to Phantom current position should be almost the same coding as what is already in the Pilot app for the Inspire using the Phantom GPS, it should not be very hard to implement.

Hopefully they just disabled these features until they get the software correct when they rushed the P3 to market to keep ahead of the competition.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.