We should all be prepared for this kind of encounter

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been posted already.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Read the story here.

Be prepared ? Pepper Spray's a ***** !! I know :eek: Just kidding. Really nothing ya can do to prepare for something like that other than just try and be aware of who's around you and do know your rights . Just from reading that guys body language I would say he was scared and that could have become ugly !!
A scared man will hurt ya !!

Yea well here in Texas we have CHL. I got something for that guy. Just saying if he tried to heart me.
There is no reason to be rude. I would tell him the law on flying, just like that guy did. And then find me a quite beach to fly. I don't need the drama. But I wont be pushed around.
I had one guy curse me out once, he sead I was spying on him. He was old like me, so we started to talk , [ I just put the Phantum in my truck] Ends up we both where in the same unit in Nam. We are good friends now. And he has a different view on drones now.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrTommy
If the beach in question is private land then the owner or occupier has every right to ask you to move on.
The correct response should be "I didn't know this was a private beach, happy to move on". Getting all passive aggressive by asking his name repeatedly is childish.

Reactions: BigAl07
The guy complaining is a ****. He needs to sort his story out. Either the quad cannot fly there because it is a breach of FAA regs (yeah right), or, it is private property. Which is it?

The fact that he started going on about FAA is the only reason there was a confrontation - because he was talking shite. If he had just said "sorry please dont fly here, it is private property, you dont have permission", the video would not even be on YouTube. I'm not sure what his role at the complex is, but it cant be making the most of his best skills :D

As Dirk points out his body language speaks volumes.

I would handle the situation just like this pilot (are we still allowed to calll ourselves pilots??) did.
I'd remain calm, attempt to educate to person, and yes, I would try to get their name. And I'd move down the beach, just as it appears this pilot is preparing to do.

If the beach in question is private land then the owner or occupier has every right to ask you to move on.
The correct response should be "I didn't know this was a private beach, happy to move on". Getting all passive aggressive by asking his name repeatedly is childish.
Exactly, it is not in a c
exactly, but I don't think anything would of satisfied the idiot. I would of just moved right past the poles & went about my business. If you read the story, he was helping another man. That man was also staying at condo & he was filming his wife & child at the beginning.
Apparently the guy was making thretning remarks by the story to have them thrown out of the condo. If he is an employee, he should not have any problems explaining who he is & saying, please do not fly here as this is private property & owners ask us to inform you that they perfer you not to fly from point A to B. A guy like that is going to run into some person that has more money & extra time on their hands. With the idiot acting like that, the condo company & him will be sued by someone trying to make a point that their civil rights were infringed on or he is just going to get ahold of someone that is going to whoop his butt.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Thank the news for spreading the BS that these people have against us . He wouldn't give his name because he was wrong . I would have liked to see when the cops showed up and actually looked to me that tuff guy was invading the pilots personal space I would have dropped that loser yea I'm real short fused are rights as Americans is going down the toilet :mad:

Reactions: NormanNormal
Kill'em with kindness! And if that don't work...beat their ***!! Jk about the best their *** part--I think...

There is no such thing as a "private beach" in Alabama (or Florida as far as I know). You have as much right to be there as the beach house or condo owner right behind you and they have no special jurisdiction over the public area. That being said, gaining access to some beaches can be a challenge, but that's a different forum discussion.

Whether we are in the right or wrong, many of us will encounter such a confrontation. Personally, I would pack my bags and leave, as it soon may be legal here to carry a loaded gun in your car or on your person without a permit.

Air rage anyone?

Last edited:
Yea well here in Texas we have CHL. I got something for that guy. Just saying if he tried to heart me.
For situations like that, open carry is even more effective I think. Makes the tough guys think twice about being tough guys when they can plainly see they're about bring a pair of fists to a gun fight. I'm just sayin'.

For situations like that, open carry is even more effective I think. Makes the tough guys think twice about being tough guys when they can plainly see they're about bring a pair of fists to a gun fight. I'm just sayin'.
yes john it can be. I have a good friend that lives in AZ, he loves the open carry as when he is on his motorcycle, he says people think twice about pulling in front of him:)

I had a police officer try tell me that I needed a lisence to fly a few days ago, we'll the look on his face and his colleagues when I went to town on him for pretending he knew the law and for trying to make up the law as he went along. I spouted every rule and regulation and left him feeling like a clown. If I do something wrong I'll be the first to hold my hands up but don't try tell me I'm doing something wrong when I'm not. Fair play to that pilot for standing his ground, that ******* was just looking for a fight

Once we are all carrying guns, we can just have a shoot out on the beach over "drone rights."

just had a horrible experience son flying over fifty feet above MX track, been there for two hours notified the operators and when someone crashed his girlfriend blamed the filming for startling him and making him crash. rangers drove by at least 5 times no problem. we were never close to anyone people were coming up asking all kinds of questions say this was so cool. in the end the word drone to describe our hobby is killing us. we never did a flight where we were not in 100% control and in line of site within 200 feet. no chasing just a hover over the track using camera control.

Sounds to me like he is saying that beach is private property. If this is the case I dont blame him for getting upset when he tells them to move and they start in with the smart assing.

Its people like this who filmed the video that give others who fly on public property a bad wrap.(again if it is in fact private property) The guy did not seem to mind if they went beyond the "pole" and flew it. If they were standing beyond the pole and flying over his property there would not be much he could say.

It could also be a huge liability issue. If they are flying on a private beach owned by a hotel or condo and crashed into someone hurting them the lawyers are going to go after the condo owner probably before they go after the flyer. They wouldnt get much, if any from the pilot but a lawsuit against a hotel is every ambulance chasers dream.

He was obviously misinformed about the FAA thing though.

Again I am going on the assumption that it is private property.

Last edited:
I've seen beaches that were private property and they had lots of signs posted and lots of indicators showing everyone where the public beach ended and where the private beach began. If this was the case, then Hothead Charlie was probably justified in being upset.

But if i were standing on a beach that isn't marked at all as being private, I'd want more than a 'because I said so' from some jackwagon who wouldn't give his name nor anything else to back up his claims.

Why did he crash? Looks like he flew it into himself. That alone is reason enough to want him out of there.

Reactions: BigAl07

Open carry is moronic, especially considering how little you're paying attention to your immediate surrounding while flying. Unless you prefer to have your gun taken from you, an occurrence more common than you think.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers