Way better range with new update and firmware

My iPad Mini 2 will run the GO app fine, however if the ambient temperature gets over 90*F the iPad will overhead and garble the video feed. Mini3 will be the same since it has the same CPU. The Mini4 is what you need to be happy, or the Ipad Air2 (larger screen). Both of these have a latest CPU architecture with IOS, which runs cooler.

You should try deleting the app on your Mini2 and reloading it.
For me auto works much better .

Apple or iOS systems must seem to work better then androids with dji, seems like 90% of the post and improvements are geared to the iOS systems.
I agree. That's why i specifically bought the iPad for. All my other devices are android

The 32 ch hack won't use the extra channels in Auto mode. The hack is only useful to set a custom channel, and the consensus is the upper channels 29 through 32 channels are always the least busy. When you set a custom channel you can then set the transmission quality to 4mbps to maximize the range distance.

There is rumor that a future GO app version will remove the ability to implement the 32ch hack. It might come in the form of an RC firmware update. That's really disappointing.
More likely in the DJI GO app, wiping out the needed 32 channel hack file, if found upon opening the app.

For me auto works much better .
If that is the case, then try deleting the 32 channel hack file and see whether your performance is just as good. It should be, based upon everything we know about the hack. Auto doesn't use it. Try using different manual channels in the hack to see whether you can improve upon Auto. I'll bet one of them will outperform Auto, in a congested area.

My iPad Mini 2 will run the GO app fine, however if the ambient temperature gets over 90*F the iPad will overhead and garble the video feed. Mini3 will be the same since it has the same CPU. The Mini4 is what you need to be happy, or the Ipad Air2 (larger screen). Both of these have a latest CPU architecture with IOS, which runs cooler.

You should try deleting the app on your Mini2 and reloading it.
I even had issues with my iPad Mini 4 Saturday, when the ambient temperature reached 93°F. Not only did the FPV start crapping out within 25 feet after 10 minutes, but when I immediately landed and removed the props, the motors were so hot that they almost burned my hands, and I was afraid they would melt the styrofoam case! Today, at 70°F, no similar issues.

If that is the case, then try deleting the 32 channel hack file and see whether your performance is just as good. It should be, based upon everything we know about the hack. Auto doesn't use it. Try using different manual channels in the hack to see whether you can improve upon Auto. I'll bet one of them will outperform Auto, in a congested area.
That's a good idea. The problem is that I run out of juice way before I do signal . The maxx range makes it difficult because it's such a good antenna . But I'll play around with some different channels and try it with out the hack like you suggested . I'll just keep low to the ground just above the trees, maybe 100 ft or so.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

That's a good idea. The problem is that I run out of juice way before I do signal . The maxx range makes it difficult because it's such a good antenna . But I'll play around with some different channels and try it with out the hack like you suggested . I'll just keep low to the ground just above the trees, maybe 100 ft or so.

Indeed. Have you considered the birdside battery mod for the P4? It's $250 at FPVCustoms.com and Paul does great work. You'll still need your externals and a charger, but it gives you close to battery modded P3P flight times to support the new range, and the speed of the P4. Highly recommended. :cool:

I received my Maxx UAV antenna yesterday and mounted it on my controller (P3A). Previously I was using the FPVLR with boosters and achieved over 40,000 feet with still some signal remaining. Now, I wouldn't recommend this to everyone, but I removed my camera and mounted a 4000 mah Multistar HV battery where the camera and gimbal used to be. By doing that I was able to shave over 200 grams off the overall weight. At present I am getting over 36 min flight time, with 28% battery left on a recent long distance flight. From my experience the channel hack sounds like a good idea, but I have alway had better luck with the auto channel select. Litchi claims to have auto select for all 32 channels, but I have not been able to confirm that. I contacted Litchi about whether their application auto selected all 32 channels, and they were unable to tell me? ...good luck

I'm here in the UK. Pre the recent firmware I was getting 1900m without parabolics and 2900m with parabolics.

With the new firmware ... I'm getting 3100m stock , and with parabolics 4725m all with full signal .

So the new firmware has sorted all issues out for me

Now, the problem is not the range but the battery. I have made 6500m with stock P4 with 3 bars signal remaining.The question is if the battery can last returning back home. So, the max range is limited by the battery capacity and not the transmission signal.

I'm here in the UK. Pre the recent firmware I was getting 1900m without parabolics and 2900m with parabolics.

With the new firmware ... I'm getting 3100m stock , and with parabolics 4725m all with full signal .

So the new firmware has sorted all issues out for me
Matthew, are you saying your range has increased since the last firmware/Go App update since you first got your P4, or since the previous update? Because I know the last GO App 2.82 prior to 2.83 was causing range issues. Thanks

Since the recent firmware update .
I only got 1900m stock and 2900m with a parabolic. That was with the last working iOS app that was working. ( not the recent one )

Now the most recent iOS app and firmware I'm getting pretty much double of what I did

Matthew, are you saying your range has increased since the last firmware/Go App update since you first got your P4, or since the previous update? Because I know the last GO App 2.82 prior to 2.83 was causing range issues. Thanks[/QUO

I have a signal strength meter, I should measure the output of my controller now and then do the firmware update to see if that changed. Thanks Matthew

After the recent update, my video transmission has improved. I'm on a Note 4, Android. My signal strength was noticeably better too, I stay in a densely populated area. I was impressed.

Litchi claims to have auto select for all 32 channels, but I have not been able to confirm that. I contacted Litchi about whether their application auto selected all 32 channels, and they were unable to tell me? ...good luck
Good point. Litchi does support Auto select using all 32 channels, from all the Litchi users who have reported it, although, I have never used it myself.

Since the recent firmware update .
I only got 1900m stock and 2900m with a parabolic. That was with the last working iOS app that was working. ( not the recent one )

Now the most recent iOS app and firmware I'm getting pretty much double of what I did
That's very encouraging for travel with the stock transmitter, where a transmitter mod simply won't fit into the small footprint of the styrofoam case, nor in most other travel cases! I currently have to carry my GL300A DBS-02 modded transmitter separately from the aircraft. However, a birdside battery mod on the P4 still fits into the styrofoam case with external batteries attached, which makes increased range on the original transmitter all that more valuable!:cool:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj