Way better range with new update and firmware

Good results here! Got out to 10,000 ft stock. Looking forward to improvements on the mods.
What is everyone getting since the update average?

I got the 11,000 feet with the Maxx Range DBS antenna unboosted in the city at night.

So are all these positive results from IOS users only ? Android user here , and need to know if there is a difference?

Yes...I would love to know as well...already posted about what happened to me. My nexus 7 locked up and crashed during flight using the new dji go app with new phantom firmware. My tablet has never crashed....period...since I have owned it for several years...

Lol...Android being too stable huh?
Hey Wingtip, I see people blasting you for your other posts , and I can understand your frustration , but the Nexus 7 is a crap tablet , IMO. I have a couple here in the house and on both of the tablets ,the mini hdmi/usb ports suck and barely work. I have to use a wireless charger on them to charge. So maybe look into that . Those ports are the worst and have a tendency to come loose. I am using a 9.7" Tab S2 that is awesome. I also have a 8" Galaxy S4 that I am going to get rid of since upgrading . Both of these work great with the P4 .

Hey Wingtip, I see people blasting you for your other posts , and I can understand your frustration , but the Nexus 7 is a crap tablet , IMO. I have a couple here in the house and on both of the tablets ,the mini hdmi/usb ports suck and barely work. I have to use a wireless charger on them to charge. So maybe look into that . Those ports are the worst and have a tendency to come loose. I am using a 9.7" Tab S2 that is awesome. I also have a 8" Galaxy S4 that I am going to get rid of since upgrading . Both of these work great with the P4 .

Thanks for the info...it hasnt got used that often in the past...so far...so good with the hdmi ports. I cant justify to my wife buying another tablet at this point...unless I want to be single. Was thinking of the nvidia device I hear people talking about. Anyway...just about to go a test this again using the Auto channel setting and keep it close to me....we will see. Thanks!

Tested a new Phantom 4 with all the latest firmware updates for the Phantom & DJI Go app.

I'm happy to say it flew 11,000 feet before I turned back around and I don't remember the video dropping a single frame the whole time the signal was good which is so much better than the constant video dropping out and green blotches on the screen constantly with the previous updates.

I'm very happy with the performance of everything now.

Are you on IOS or Android??

So I went out at lunch and tested my P4 once again...started off with video in Auto channel..I still got the lines and interference at first...once in the air it seemed ok...lagged a few times...wondering if that is because of my Nexus 7 now? BUT, I was keeping the bird close by and not going out very far. I then re-enabled the channel hack and used channel 31....flew around the same area with about the same result. Hmmm....anyway...no tablet reboot!

I still don't trust it now because when my tablet froze and rebooted I was probably 3200+ feet away...so sounds like a) My tablet just sucks ;-) or b) DJI only fixed the issues for IOS so far? I will test it stock tonight near this giant field near where I live and then push it some....

Just came from flying phantom4--iPhone 6 tested new firmware on bird and update on iOS
Yes it does have a better range signal..
Just wondering how much DB do the stock antennas
From the remote give?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hmmm, I was on a "no update" policy while everything is working great. I have some intrepadation but it sounds like the P4 is a flying machine now.

Reactions: zacksomeone
The nexus 7 is 3 years old. That tablet simply can't handle the dji app. Even older iPads can't handle it either

iPad Air 2 works fine but all my older iPad's & iPad Mini's can not handle it either.

My Andriod Motorola Droid Turbo which is pretty powerful can barley keep up with the DJI Go app.

Stick with newer iPads if possible for best results.

Reactions: Scotty88
The nexus was fine it it's day but so outdated now. Like comparing a P2 with a P4!
Tab S2 is awesome.

That is also almost a 400.00 tablet...ouch...I will try to live with my nexus 7 for a little while longer...already spent 2k+ on p4 and backpack..filters...batteries..etc

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20