Waterfall dunk...

Reaction score
HI folks, was looking for emergency advice. Was flying my Pro4 near a freshwater water fall and accidentally got hung up in a tree branch while climbing... drone dropped into the small pool of water below. I was able to get it out with 30 sec. but obviously it got pretty soaked. It still fired but wouldn't link with controller or camera. Within 30 min. I got to a grocery store and purchased 5 lbs. of rice and a turkey roasting pan and place the drone in and wrapped tight with plastic wrap. It's been in for 3 days now but I can see that the camera is still lens fogged. What, if anything, can be done from here. Thank you!

First, don't power it up until you are sure it is dry. Fresh water is more forgiving than salt water. Most people dismiss rice as a valid drying technique, but it has been used for years.
Your best bet is to send it to a professional for disassembly and a good air-dry. That moisture inside the lens is an indication that it may have penetrated places that won't dry easily.

Try desiccant beds works better than rice for sure, I used them to dry out the wife's iphone that we thought was done, but after two days it turned on.

Reactions: LSDMT
HI folks, was looking for emergency advice. Was flying my Pro4 near a freshwater water fall and accidentally got hung up in a tree branch while climbing... drone dropped into the small pool of water below. I was able to get it out with 30 sec. but obviously it got pretty soaked. It still fired but wouldn't link with controller or camera. Within 30 min. I got to a grocery store and purchased 5 lbs. of rice and a turkey roasting pan and place the drone in and wrapped tight with plastic wrap. It's been in for 3 days now but I can see that the camera is still lens fogged. What, if anything, can be done from here. Thank you!

Sounds like you did your best. I wish I had help but just saying I feel for ya here.

Always remember that even the bad stuff that happens is good, because we learn so much valuable information on what not to do the next time (obviously I know) BUT we also learn, what drove us to do something we knew we should not have done. Take it easy bud.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues