Water landing with Ph. 4 pro

Reaction score
If you want to land your pro4 + on water with pontoons,can you turn off the don't land on water feature to do so?

You can turn off the downward sensors if that's what you're referring to.

That makes sense. I wasn't aware you could do that. I wonder If I could get a P4p+ owner's manual to study? Please bear with me, I am a newbie and haven't purchased a Drone yet. At this point, I would consider the P4pro+ as my best option for what I want to do. I live directly on the water with direct access to thousands of undeveloped acres of land,water, marsh grass ,creeks and bayous . I kayak and boat so most of my droning will be on the water from shore from my property or by boat. I am somewhat concerned about trying to video wildlife like Bald Eagles, Ospreys, Beavers, Otters, Deer, Waterfowl etc, from a safe and non disturbing distance. landing on the water would be easiest in my circumstance.

Last edited:
Two points:

1. As you would be flying and landing most of the time over water, you may consider exploring purchase of floats for your phantom. That may reduce flying time a bit but will add extra security to your P4

2. If you already have a monitor like iPad Air or so, you can go for P4P and not P4P+. It's your call.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Thanks I am considering the water strider by drone rafts. They say you will lose 30% flying time. However, If you try to land on water without them,.... you may lose 100% flying time until you buy another drone! They also look useful on snow or uneven terrain as the pontoons act like outriggers allowing for more outward stability. They also raise the height of the drone off the ground protecting the camera somewhat.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31