Water Damage

Reaction score
Crashed my Phantom 3 into fresh water. Drone was submerged for 20-30 sec, before I could recover. Immediately removed battery. About 20min until I was able to get home. Immediately removed top of drone & back of camera. Have had fans blowing on it for about 10hrs.

Should I do the "rice trick?" If so, keep components exposed or put back together?

Also, what other troubleshooting should I consider, once I'm confident enough everything is dry?

After all my researching, I feel confident I'll be able to save it.

Thanks,
Fingers crossed

keep the fans on it for about 3-7 days (depending on how safe you want to be) then try powering it up with a new battery
if it works, test it for 2-3 flights just hovering then testing other functions if it doesnt work, send it in for repairs

I crashed mine in January and it ended upside down in a deep puddle/snow melt. The battery ejected during the crash and that may have saved me. The next day it would start up but nothing from the camera. I continued to do the fan thing for several days. All's well.

Try to find some propper desicant like silica gel,it will do a far better job at drawing out the moisture than rice.Put the quad in a sealed container with the desicant and leave it somewhere warm for at least a week.

Silica gel desicants are easilly available on ebay.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl