Watching on TV

Okay....conducted some forensics on the Mavic footage and the P4P footage. All things being equal, the P4P's data rate (bitrate) is 6x that of the Mavic (60Mbps vs. 10Mbps). That would be a deal breaker for any I/O bottleneck in your system. So...while you might be able to get away with a marginal card reader with the Mavic footage, you will require a high-quality reader for the P4P footage.

This is what I use:
DSC01581.JPG

DSC01582.JPG

If your USB card reader IS a high quality reader (works in your computer), then your television is probably choking on the high bitrate combined with the large palete.

As someone suggested earlier, try playing 1080p footage (2MB/frame). The smaller palate combined with the higher bitrate MIGHT allow P4P video to play on your T.V. But doing the math, even 1080p footage might not work.

Mystery solved.

D

Last edited:
Sometimes it takes the TV a little bit of time to injest the data too. My Sony 4k TV plays back my p4p footage from USB but sometimes it chokes on it and says it can't play it. Sometimes it looks compressed. But if I give it a little time to load all the data, it plays the video and I must say, pure 4k drone footage from the p4p looks fantastic.

Start here: your tv manual. It has all the specs for your inputs and resolutions and frame rates and codec support. Report back here.

[QUOTE = "Tony Micle, post: 1347784, członek: 109254"] Mam specjalistę od maickich filmów i mogę oglądać wideo na telewizorze, podłączając kartę do czytnika, a następnie do portu USB w telewizorze. Jednak gdy próbuję tego z programem Phantom 4 pro, nie mogę go oglądać. Czy istnieje ustawienie, z którego mogę korzystać podczas nagrywania, dzięki czemu będzie ono czytelne na ekranie telewizora w tym samym formacie co mavick? [/ QUOTE]
Czyta sama karta ?

Okay....conducted some forensics on the Mavic footage and the P4P footage. All things being equal, the P4P's data rate (bitrate) is 6x that of the Mavic (60Mbps vs. 10Mbps).
D
Your forensics don't match the specs. Mavic is 60mbs and P4P is 100mbs. 1.67x more rather than 6x more. However, the P4P will shoot 60fps in 4K, while the Mavic is limited to either 24 or 30fps in 4K (not sure, as it has been a while since I last used a Mavic) which can be another choke point. Your conclusion, however, is accurate. Just because it works with a Mavic or P4 or P3P does not mean it will work with a P4P or P4A, both of which which require processing more data, from a much better camera. :cool:

Last edited:
Again. Please post a screen shot of your manual then we can reverse engineer your problem. We KNOW the specs of the drone. We know nothing of your TV. this whole thread is guessing your situation.

Again. Please post a screen shot of your manual then we can reverse engineer your problem. We KNOW the specs of the drone. We know nothing of your TV. this whole thread is guessing your situation.
Ok. We'll give it a try when I make it back home. Thanks!

Reactions: ravedog
The guessing allows everyone to share their best solutions, making this a much more interesting thread! :)

i have a P3A and found an HDMI package for the remote it's DJI made. Seems to work ok although I had to exchange the output package under the controller. Maybe there is similar for the P4P ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT