Watch out for the birds !

Reaction score
Watch out for the swallows, they will attack a drone.

I was buzzed at high speed by a flock of them yesterday.

I saw someone a week or so ago commented their drone was downed by some.

I was at reasonable altitude and far away from any nests etc but they were swishing past at high speed.

I made a fairly quick exist.

I've had such a situation last week with 3 birds when they attacked my P3. I've put directly the P3 to the ground (controlled ofcourse) to avoid damage on P3 or the birds.

use metal props, word will get around quickly to the rest of the flock, :D
Mine all have razor sharp edges, works great!

Two days ago, some swallow made a reconnaissance flight and just missed my P3, so I landed immediately. A week ago, in my country house where I repeatedly spotted hawks in the past, there was no air traffic at all while flying. Was really alarmed though!

We have a lot of Coopers and Swanson's Hawks in our area and I have to keep a sharp eye out. I see then carrying off frogs, birds, snakes, and all manner of small wildlife. Some of my friends have lost small cats, had one stoop on my P2 once but pull out when he realized how big it was.

Last edited:
When they do that to me I just go full throttle and make a lot of noise. They generally don't like that and pull back..

The field I fly in has a large hawk that either has a short memory or just has to make a point when I show up.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: BlackOpsTeamster

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic