Watch flight on TV screen?

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to connect a 4 to a TV screen while flying? Our local Police have a drone and I watched a demo where they were flying and have a TV in back of SUV with inverter and we all watched as he flew.

If you have an Apple device, the easiest way is just to mirror the screen via Apple TV. Works like magic.

So I could buy the apple TV hookup at Walmart and mirror it? That sounds easy enough. It was very cool to watch the deputy fly over the TV.

You can also do a wired connection via HDMI from the RC if you have the HDMI board installed or on an Inspire RC.

Welcome to PhantomPilots by the way!

Reactions: sparson63
So I could buy the apple TV hookup at Walmart and mirror it? That sounds easy enough. It was very cool to watch the deputy fly over the TV.
It works for me with iPhone 6, but I can't guarantee it will work with all devices, because DJI GO needs a lot of processing power from the device...

Reactions: sparson63
I've done it using the HDMI output on my Nvidia Shield.

I use the shield when its not crashing, lol. So I could get an HDMI with a regular size plug and a smaller end and then just stand by my truck? Sorry don't know what the cable is called.

You can also get a device called MiraScreen. It plugs in your tv's hdmi input and sends video wirelessly thru wifi using AirPlay. It also works with android devices. Their like $15 on eBay and that includes shipping. Very handy little device.

You can also get a device called MiraScreen. It plugs in your tv's hdmi input and sends video wirelessly thru wifi using AirPlay. It also works with android devices. Their like $15 on eBay and that includes shipping. Very handy little device.

Am I right in thinking that a device like this operates on/near the same frequency as Phantom 4 ?

As I understand it the Phantom 4 uses 2.4 GHz for both the control signal and the video downlink (please correct me if this is wrong) and so by adding another device in this band, are you not making things worse?

If so would not a better solution be to use 5.8 GHz with something like the TS832 modules so cheaply available and I guess even possible to install inside the RC? This would take the load off the iPhone processour, but would need the edition of the HDMI add on board of course.

Be interested to hear from someone more knowledgable on Phantom RF than myself.

The p4 uses 5.8 for control and 2.4 for the video. That's video on the p4p is switchable between 2.4 and 5.8 depending on what works better at that time. The Mira Screen either uses 2.4 or 5.8, I have no idea which band it uses.

Reactions: Leadfootlambert

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl