washed out / over-exposed video?

Reaction score
Any insight on how I might avoid the white-out on the video that gets bad around the 4:20 mark? You can see it eventually resolves itself. I have camera set at 100 ISO and "sunny" white balance. It happens a lot as I shoot my son's rowing races.....sunny days on the water.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

ISO 100 fixed

Large areas of bright reflection on water and bright expanses of sky in the same shot are always going to be difficult.
Composing so that you shoot with the sun rather than into it and watching for large bright parts of the frame will help.

Besides the ND Filter you could set the EV to a negative number.. Not sure about using the Sunny preset, since it looked very cloudy but that could have been the over exposure as well. I would then manually set your shutter speed to something much faster.

Side note: Very cool video subject. A cool shot would be to position the drone above where they would pass underneath and put the camera straight down.

Reactions: snerd
Thanks all. I checked the EV and it was several clicks off center (don't recall + or -) I wasn't aware of the right wheel... I'll be more careful.

ND= neutral density? Where do I get one? How do they attach? What is CP?

How do you change the shutter speed on video?

If you shoot in log mode you can correct it later. The camera has a surprising amount of latitude. It's a very nice camera.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.