Video settings when using ND filters

Reaction score
I have used ND8 first time today and I got max EV +1.0 when the sky was in frame and +0,3 when the sky is not in the frame so on that front all good. Settings were 30 fps, shutter speed 60 and ISO 100.

Now my question goes for those settings on white balance and sharpness and those other 2 settings, I have them -2, -3, -2, cannot remember other two names. Do you use that also with ND filter or just without them ?

White balance for sunny days and cloudy days, should I use Sunny, Cloudy templates or put Kelvins manualy and how much ?

Thanks

Do you post-process your output? Important in answering your initial question(s).
Otherwise... you can experiment with color temps, but auto works fine for me and many others.

The only real reason for the NDs is to make the exposure time low enough for smooth video in bright light - otherwise the individual frames are of such a short exposure time that the video appears jerky when moving or rotating quickly. For stills, we don't require them. Otherwise, auto is fine.

Yes I do post-process in GoPro Studio. Videos look like they have some gray film on them now and I dont see any need for that.

ND filters showed yesterday that they are great because all bright parts are not white on the video but they have retained their color.

I am in Australia. I often find ND8 is not dark enough on bright sunny day, so I normally use ND16. ND8 is better for cloudy overcast day.

Well I got EV +1.0 when the sky was in the frame and I was not filming sky but something on the ground so here in Europ ND8 is perfect for 4 PM hours. Maybe 12PM sunny day will ask for ND16.

I have ordered Neewer filters and I hope that adjustable ND will be good for that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers