New P4P - pictures and video are white washed

Reaction score
I have a new (replacement) P4P that I took out for a test flight today. The pictures and video are white washed. Not even close to being as good as my previous bird. I currently have all settings in Auto which is the same as the last one. Am I missing something? I was starting to think I forgot to take a protectant film off of the lease. Nope, it's clean.

The water tower is light blue. I can't even read what it says on the tank.

DJI_0009A.jpg

DJI_0011.jpg

I'll see what it's set at/ I've never touched that setting for my other P4Ps. The pictures and videos looked great. I don't consider it useable looking like this.

I have a new (replacement) P4P that I took out for a test flight today. The pictures and video are white washed. Not even close to being as good as my previous bird. I currently have all settings in Auto which is the same as the last one. Am I missing something?
If your live view and videos are properly exposed but stills are washed out, try turning off the Mechanical Shutter in the camera options.
I've seen someone else with those symptoms and that fixed it for him.

I wasn't prompted to do any updates when I received the new bird.

The live view and videos are washed out too.
If everything is washed out it sounds like you simply have the camera settings adjusted to over expose.
Look at the line of camera data in the upper right of the screen and check the EV number there
i-fM6knt2-L.png

If it's showing something like +2.0 or +3.0 ... that's your problem.
Use the thumbwheel to dial that back to EV0

Try manual settings that make sense and see what happens. Check the exif data from your old pictures to compare.

What firmware is on your new aircraft?

Reactions: RDavidson02
If everything is washed out it sounds like you simply have the camera settings adjusted to over expose.
Look at the line of camera data in the upper right of the screen and check the EV number there
i-fM6knt2-L.png

If it's showing something like +2.0 or +3.0 ... that's your problem.
Use the thumbwheel to dial that back to EV0

I think that is it! Mine was at +2.0.

My app version is 4.1.12 (newest available is 4.2.8). I've read about problems with some updates so I've been concerned about updating.
Aircraft firmware is version 01.04.0602
Controller 01.04.01.00

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94