Was this movie clip filmed with a drone? Amelie (2001)

Reaction score
Sometimes watching movies or commercials I catch scenes I'm sure were filmed by multi-rotors.

I just came across this scene in the French movie Amelie (2001). I know nothing about camera booms used by cameramen. It looks like this had to have been filmed by a drone.

Just a few seconds into this video, a clip starts with a waterfall and ends with Amelie skipping stones towards the camera. It's absolutely brilliant cinematography. Was this shot with a drone?

Sometimes watching movies or commercials I catch scenes I'm sure were filmed by multi-rotors.

I just came across this scene in the French movie Amelie (2001). I know nothing about camera booms used by cameramen. It looks like this had to have been filmed by a drone.

Just a few seconds into this video, a clip starts with a waterfall and ends with Amelie skipping stones towards the camera. It's absolutely brilliant cinematography. Was this shot with a drone?

Movie is over 15 years old....I'm guessing not filmed with a drone.

That will be a crane or jib shot. Looks like it was then digitally edited to remove the jib from the shot.

Even now, you would use a jib for a shot like that. Drones are more used for inaccessible areas too high for a jib and too low for a helicopter.

I watched a shoot for some opening credits, where the seemingly continual shot is actually a composite of 10M Jib, heavyweight drone - lifting a large camera, and helicopter. Took all morning to film what is 5 seconds on the program!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj