UFO filmed with drone, I know...

You, my friend, have fallen prey to the same illusion that has perplexed people for ages:
False perspective.

I'm going to blow your mind: Rather than those objects moving at 1400km/h or whatever speed you've calculated, those objects are NOT MOVING.

That's right: they're motionless (or close to it). What you're seeing are bird feathers, bits of dust, or some other very light piece of debris that is floating in the air, and your Phantom zoomed past them, giving you the false perspective that they were moving.

More fully:
You've perceived that they are far away (hundreds of meters, passing withing a few to a few dozen meters of your Phantom), large (perhaps 10-30cm across) and very fast moving. Instead, consider that they are close (a few meters away at most, passing within mere centimeters of your camera lens), small (a centimeter or less across) and not moving... but instead hanging relatively motionless in the air, as your Phantom passes by them.

Bear in mind that your Phantom is moving at perhaps 5-10 meters per second. The very close proximity of the object to the camera means that when your Phantom passes something stationary that close, the object appears to be FLYING past at incredible speeds.

My guess is you've filmed some bird feathers floating in the sky. :)

Reactions: flyboy73
You did a nice job with this video - but there's already a recent thread on this: UFO Sighting From My Phantom?

I've seen the same thing on a couple of my flights. Note that all the objects seem to move down relative to the screen. Also, the objects always seem to move towards the drone, never away from the drone.

Consider that with one eye, you don't have depth perception.

I am 98% sure it is bird poop. I know it's not sexy, but I'm sure that's what it is.
I'm a UFO skywatcher of several years here in Vancouver. I think what you filmed is water droplets as the first bright one seen hit the camera and there is smudge on the lens...unless that was from something else but clearly you can see it. I can't see what else it can be other than orbs which I have filmed on several occaisions..If it wasn't for that one hitting the lens I would believe they are orbs of light, and they exist

You, my friend, have fallen prey to the same illusion that has perplexed people for ages:
False perspective.

I'm going to blow your mind: Rather than those objects moving at 1400km/h or whatever speed you've calculated, those objects are NOT MOVING.

That's right: they're motionless (or close to it). What you're seeing are bird feathers, bits of dust, or some other very light piece of debris that is floating in the air, and your Phantom zoomed past them, giving you the false perspective that they were moving.

More fully:
You've perceived that they are far away (hundreds of meters, passing withing a few to a few dozen meters of your Phantom), large (perhaps 10-30cm across) and very fast moving. Instead, consider that they are close (a few meters away at most, passing within mere centimeters of your camera lens), small (a centimeter or less across) and not moving... but instead hanging relatively motionless in the air, as your Phantom passes by them.

Bear in mind that your Phantom is moving at perhaps 5-10 meters per second. The very close proximity of the object to the camera means that when your Phantom passes something stationary that close, the object appears to be FLYING past at incredible speeds.

My guess is you've filmed some bird feathers floating in the sky. :)
Water droplet...look at the lower left of one that hit the lens...

Since this thread started, I'm seeing stuff all the time now - like every third video I see a little white streak or elongated speck fly across the screen. Usually it's one frame (30 fps). But sometimes it's 6-7 frames. I back up and take a closer look. Sure enough. There it is. One even moved from right edge to left edge of screen. But on that particular flight, I had a 20 mph tail wind coming from behind my right shoulder and across the front.

and your Phantom zoomed past them, giving you the false perspective that they were moving.

I would agree somewhat and I say that since somewhere on this forum another guy posted a similar video where he was "hovering" way up there and the same kind of objects zoomed past him at a pretty good clip so go figure!

I get a real kick out of these stories, especially when there's so much speculation about what these objects really are. However, no matter what, these are in fact UFO's. Until they can be definitively identified, they shall remain UFO's Unidentified Flying Objects.

It's certainly fun to speculate though.

Bud

Glad to see that someone else sees something in their videos that evokes discussion. I like how you put it right out there that nobody else can use the video. I had a bunch of people looking to use my video in their "research". Great job on the editing too.

Well believe it or not, I filmed this video a while ago and never really looked at it as I was planning to compose it at a later time, I was just showing to a friend of mine how one of our local lakes depleted in water levels and suddenly I see this blur coming at my P3 , I was like what the heck must be a bird or something so I replayed it over and over and started to experiment slowing the video down and determined that the object covered over 350 m distance in less than one second... no bird or other drone in the world can fly that fast.
After a quick review of the footage I discovered 7 of them all moving that fast...
This is by far the weirdest video I have ever recorded, most of them appear small below the drone, they look like white light orbs , but one of them heading almost straight at my drone looks like something out of this planet lol..
You can challenge me all you want, I have the original footage and honestly I do not believe my own eyes when I watch it. It's a bit long but be patient, the objects move so fast and it is hard to spot them, I noticed Youtube compressed the video a bit and ruined the quality in the process.
In the mean time I am submitting original video to MUFON with a short report.
Weird.
I was thinking they looked like rods also. Others have recorded these "rods" in many other places. No idea what they are. No one seems to see them in real life. Just video footage.

Well believe it or not, I filmed this video a while ago and never really looked at it as I was planning to compose it at a later time, I was just showing to a friend of mine how one of our local lakes depleted in water levels and suddenly I see this blur coming at my P3 , I was like what the heck must be a bird or something so I replayed it over and over and started to experiment slowing the video down and determined that the object covered over 350 m distance in less than one second... no bird or other drone in the world can fly that fast.
After a quick review of the footage I discovered 7 of them all moving that fast...
This is by far the weirdest video I have ever recorded, most of them appear small below the drone, they look like white light orbs , but one of them heading almost straight at my drone looks like something out of this planet lol..
You can challenge me all you want, I have the original footage and honestly I do not believe my own eyes when I watch it. It's a bit long but be patient, the objects move so fast and it is hard to spot them, I noticed Youtube compressed the video a bit and ruined the quality in the process.
In the mean time I am submitting original video to MUFON with a short report.

There are other video's with the same UFO's. Check out YouTube and you will see them. They have different explanations for them. I just don't remember them. You should check them out though. The other video's are also coming from the thick tree's etc.

I meant to post on this UFO thread,
but posted on the other UFO thread here, lol

Anyhow, (reposting),

I did a test.
I put the Phantom on the porch, and aimed it so I had a full view of a landscape horizon.
Camera recording, I tossed small white rocks in front of the drone so they would enter from the top of the camera frame.

It appears that UFO's were flying at the camera, just missing the camera by flying below it, at a high rate of speed.
Tossing rocks about 10' out, had the best effect.

Give it a try.

19 second video.
Bad video, but illustrates a possible reason for UFO's from Phantoms.

20161030_012938[1].jpg

Last edited:
Are you making fun of my hand? jk
Some friends call me 9 1/2...Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: dgd3
Hey guys, wow a lot of interesting replies...
Like I said previously I am not sure what those were, I've never seen this in any other videos that I recorded , the theory of a feather seems as a fair explanation and I understand the objection regarding the speed yes indeed if the objects were so small appearing just in front of my drone from the vanishing point to passing by it true would make sense.
I examined the original video many times and it still though appears as the large object number 3 comes from behind the trees but again I maybe wrong... the truth is that all of our explanations are just theories and speculations as no one can actually prove 100% that their idea is what actually happened in the video.
I mean can you prove it that the object is appearing from vanishing point in front of the trees vs from behind the trees based on the video ? no you can't as you are as well missing that information.
I will leave that as a video recording anomaly, but it sure does look interesting.
I am gonna crop the original segment of the video and loaded to my drop box and post a link,
please if anyone is interested to farther debunk it go at it.
link to the original video folder below,
Dropbox - UFO Video

Last edited:
I get a real kick out of these stories, especially when there's so much speculation about what these objects really are. However, no matter what, these are in fact UFO's. Until they can be definitively identified, they shall remain UFO's Unidentified Flying Objects.

It's certainly fun to speculate though.

Bud

I agree completely - they are UFO's and we are merely offering suggestions. One thing we are also doing is educating and helping others understand certain fundamentals such as relative velocity cannot be calculated without knowing something about said UFO, such as dimensions :)

UFO's sure why not. There is 100 billion trillion+ stars out there. The earth is 4.5 billion years old, God had plenty of time to do other stuff too. You surely don't think you are alone in the univers... We have been walking amongst you for thousands of years.;)

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik