Warning of Processor Overheating.

Reaction score
Got a P4 that hasn’t been flown for months. I just updated to FW and before even taking off while warming up I get the error “Processor Chip critically overheated. The aircraft will power off in 30 seconds”

This is the first issue with this P4.

Any ideas?

The first thing is to boot it up a second time and listen for the fan blowing and see if you get the warning right away, or if it comes on after it's sitting there. If it comes on right away, you may be SOL and need to send it in for repair. If it does it while sitting and you have no fan noises, then you'll need to do the following:
I'm guessing that the fan inside is not working, which is very bad because the internal components get very hot in very little time. You can start by reflashing the drone's firmware while having a high-powered fan blowing on the underside of the drone to keep it cool, and see if that fixes it. Otherwise, you may need to open up the drone and see if there is junk impeding the fan.

Same Issue :

1. The warning only appears in the latest sw version. in previous sw versions the image processor just shuts down after 2-3 minutes.
2. As far as I can isolate the root cause is the board with the ambarella chip. ( board on top of gimbal)
) p4.jpg Phantom4SoCb-1024x602.jpg

Got a P4 that hasn’t been flown for months. I just updated to FW and before even taking off while warming up I get the error “Processor Chip critically overheated. The aircraft will power off in 30 seconds”

This is the first issue with this P4.

Any ideas?
This piece of crap (MA) never fails to let me down. Just had the same issue here and with DJIs incompetent support Im afraid to send it to them. Is this a problem with the fan hardware or is it a result of crap clogging it? Not sure what to do. Looks pretty easy to take apart. Anyone know how long it takes to get your drone back through this process?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20