Warning for litchi users

I've had a quick search through the forums for the last few months and this subject has come up several times. There have been no definitive suggestions as to the cause of the problem.
It does not appear to be due to compass miscalibration or loss of GPS signal, nor to the effect of magnetic or electromagnetic interference. There are plenty of videos of Litchi way-point missions in cities, with all the potential sources of interference such as steel re-enforced buildings, power lines, railways, ships, radio stations, etc, that have completed successfully. At the same time we have all these stories of the dreaded random switching to ATTI mode during Litchi way-point missions in open country, which happened to me. So I also have come to the conclusion that it is a software bug in Lichi, or some sort of incompatibility between Litchi and the RC. In future there is no way that I am going to fly Litchi way-point missions that take the AC out of RC range, so that I can always RTH when or if one of these worrying episodes occurs.

Reactions: W2JFI
.... So I also have come to the conclusion that it is a software bug in Lichi, or some sort of incompatibility between Litchi and the RC. In future there is no way that I am going to fly Litchi way-point missions that take the AC out of RC range, so that I can always RTH when or if one of these worrying episodes occurs.

I don't use Litchi (Autopilot here.) but I see the matter of losing satellites momentarily in GO in its Flight Review. I think the matter lies higher up in the food chain than Litchi since it is built off the SDK from DJI's GO. Some Inspire guy's are having altitude issues using GO too so something is messed up and likely due to GO and the DJI SDK too.

Fwiw, I'm not trusting Autopilot either until I get the drone's wavering altitude figured out. Autopilot's safety tolerance of "Something going whack!" is 33 feet by default, but I'm getting -50 feet at times during straight and level distance runs, and it isn't landing underground although GO says it's landing at -50 feet too from zero at take-off.

Dropping 14 satellites (from 18) and then getting them back a second later is disturbing in open fields and why the ATTI warning pops up randomly. The P4 barometer is 'eh' too, and maybe why they installed two in the newer units, although having layers of hardware redundancy doesn't do much good if the app itself is at fault.

Last edited:
I also noticed too that if your flying in litchi, the RTH point can sometime switch to hover when it was set to come home. I did tell them about that.... But they Said it can't happen and basically said I was bull shitting them. Next time I will video record it so if I do lose my bird, I will drag them to judge Judy for compensation lol

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: GhostRdrTat
I also noticed too that if your flying in litchi, the RTH point can sometime switch to hover when it was set to come home. I did tell them about that.... But they Said it can't happen and basically said I was bull shitting them. Next time I will video record it so if I do lose my bird, I will drag them to judge Judy for compensation lol

I'm pretty sure they have a disclaimer stating that they aren't responsible for what happens to your Phantom.

Reactions: Neon Euc
I've e-mailed litchi with the video to show it happening, they never responded to me :mad: I kind of expected that lol

Fwiw, I just heard DJI is releasing a new SDK to the app makers this week. Might be some improvements in flight controls added -- maybe.

Heard back from litchi, this is their response.

Hello,

Are you using the latest DJI firmwares? Which Litchi version did you use (see settings)?
I believe this problem is a bug in the DJI firmware, possibly only affecting the P3 Standard.
Please let us know which firmware/litchi versions you used and we will forward this to DJI to see what their comments are, this is definitely not normal.

Reactions: W2JFI and Neon Euc
gLitchi is DEFLECTING back to DJI ... what a friggin' crock pot full 'o shite ...
About what I expected to hear when I finally heard back from them lol figured they would blame dji just like dji would blame litchi if something was wrong, just blowing off the consumer rather than come up with an explaination and a solution lol they did say one thing right though "this is definitely not normal" lol umm ya think? Guess it's kinda hard to deny when it's on video :D

did you send them the data they requested?

Yes, so now I guess we just gotta wait and see what else they say, all I want is for someone to say this is what causes the glitch, so we can all know what not to do lol , seems pretty random though, I wasn't doing anything I don't normally do in a wp mission, and it seems others aren't either, the glitch just seems to randomly happen, I'll definitely not be doing any wp missions where I may lose signal till this gets resolved lol last thing I want is for bird to be sitting at some far off wp hovering while I am chilling at take-off point thinking it's running the mission all the while draining down the battery, and I'd hate to hear that scenario happened to someone else

Is there any truth to the statement, "possibly only affecting the P3 Standard" or are other types affected as well? Does this problem occur with Litchi Android, Litchi iOs or both??

Is there any truth to the statement, "possibly only affecting the P3 Standard" or are other types affected as well? Does this problem occur with Litchi Android, Litchi iOs or both??
I've had problems with litchi on my P3A where it's set to return home if signal is lost, but it sometimes switches to hover when signal is loss during mid flight. Litchi said that'd not possible....hmmm...That's right.. I must be lying for the sake of it #slaps head#

Reactions: GhostRdrTat
I've been using Litchi on my Phantom 3 Pro since day one. No issues at all, once in a blue moon I will have upload failure but I'll try it again and it works. What I don't understand is how your having issues during the flight. The App uploads your mission to the Phantom. After this is done the App is not controlling it, the uploaded program is even though you can override it. Like I said I've done 60-75 missions and have really not have had any issues

I can only confirm android with p3s as that is what I own, looking through threads here and other forums just basic searching around I've found instances of this or what sounds just like this but again I can only say with certainty my own experience, but as far as I've been able to figure is p3s/a/p, maybe some 4's just reading and seeing what could have been a similar instance. Haven't ran into any mavic or inspire but I don't often read those forums. Idk about devise OS, I prolly should be writing all this down and looking for a patern lol

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT