WARNING Android app version 1.0.60

No !, I'm not saying 1.0.61 is safe, I can only speak for my own situation.
as I said in my previous post I had/have never flown mine, only ground tests, with no props.
I am simple passing on my own testing which I have carried out to try and find a common denominator which is causing all the problems here.
I am a very highly skilled Computer Engineer with over 25 years experience
of all computer problems.
No one can/has convinced me that the Wi-Fi unit has a "Firmware Chip" in it
(what we would call a BIOS Chip)
if it has it would have to be connected to the Computer to enable it to be updated, meaning that it must be a App problem.

My Tablet (Sony Xperia Z1) has 1.0.58, which I assumed that my Xperia phone HAD on it, tablet works fine.
As I had not connected the Phantom on my phone for several weeks,
I presumed that the App on it was the same as what is on my Tablet.
I had let my phone auto/force update without giving it a thought.
I checked the phone and it is running 1.0.61, connected it yesterday
expecting problems (with what has happened on here!)
To my surprise, (after ranting in my #17 post earlier), all is well with my bird.
My dilemma now is, do I now do an update to my tablet to 1.0.61 and take a chance it does not "brick out"
I am going to try and find a (virgin) phone with no Vision app on it, to install 1.0.61 and see if it will connect to the bird.

Come on "Mr DJI" your very quiet on your own forum !!,
let's be having an answer to all the problems YOU have caused!!

Lets hear from other people who ARE NOT having issues with 1.0.61
or previous App versions.

Reactions: jnshane
Thanks for sharing that, CEEJAY. As I mentioned in previous posts, I have not powered up my quad since before the 1.0.60 update. Phone does not currently have the vision app installed, as I deleted after discovering the issues. I have considered reinstalling (which would obviously be the current 1.0.61 on the Play Store) and testing the RE issues have been fixed. Problem is, my P2V+ is my only bird, and I am very reluctant to risk the sacrifice. It would defintely seem thast our only hopes are those that have tried their Phantom 2's after the current update was released, had no problems, and then proceeded to discover this fiasco afer the fact. Hopefully we have a few more testimonials in the coming days, or (though I highly doubt this will happen) "TIM" from dji makes an official statement regarding the cause, effect and potential solution on the dji forum thread.

Reactions: CEEJAY
All I can say is that my bird works fine with Android App update 1.0.61 on my Xperia phone

Come on Guys ! ,
chirp up if you have the problem, or any input/thoughts you may have on the subject.
Would be nice to solve this one ,before DJI do,(if we can) there is a lot of experience on here WORLDWIDE !!
That would be a bit of "One Up Man Ship " for us.

Come on Guys ! ,
chirp up if you have the problem, or any input/thoughts you may have on the subject.
My thought is, I'm gonna be cowardly and hide behind Litchi until they clear this up.

Reactions: jnshane
IMG_5085.JPG
IMG_5086.JPG
IMG_5086.JPG
Img_5080.jpg
IMG_5086.JPG
Img_5080.jpg
Img_5081.jpg
IMG_5082.JPG
IMG_5083.JPG
Img_5084.jpg

Well just for you doubters among you !
I have just photographed it for you, they say "every picture tells a story".
See above attached photos
If anyone wants any more photos, let me know
(apologies if any images are repeated !!)

Last edited:
Made the plunge with 1061! all is good, did not fly but all systems go! (I was not bricked from 1060 )

Last edited:
Guys how do you know if it is bricked ? If it can pair with WiFi in Vision app then it is ok !? I dont know if mine is ok since I cannot fly and try. I get Connection broken but the phone sees it and connect to the Phantom wifi.

Am I having broken WiFi problem or extender problem ?

Made the plunge with 1061! all is good, did not fly but all systems go! (I was not bricked from 1060 )
I found a 1.03.bin file in my phone with the .60 version also in the DJI_RangeExtender Folder. I deleted the folder then upgraded to the latest .61 version of the app. The DJI_RangeExtender Folder was back but the1.03.bin file was not there.
I have the app version.59 on my tablet and the DJI_RangeExtender Folder is not included.
I bench tested the .61 version of the app today and all worked ok. Also tested LITCHI and Ultimate Flight with sucess.
Note, I did not use my Phantom while the .60 version was installed so my range extender was not bricked.
I will test fly when the weather gets better.

I've been flying with the Android 1.0.61 app with zero problems. Only strange thing was that last Sunday morning, just as I was about to take off on a frozen lake, the app gave me a message that the WIFI extender needed to be upgraded and gave me the option of OK or CANCEL. I select OK, it took about 60 seconds, then the WIFI extender rebooted, and all was fine.

thanks for the heads up.. i'm still on version 1.0.54 of the app... and firmware 3.6 (or 3.8) I forget...

while we are on the subject on app updates... can someone tell me what useful updates app v . 60 brought ?? or was it just to support the newest firmware ??
I'd ask the same about .61, but I assume .61 was brought out to quickly fix .60

thanks

Last edited:
BTW Ceejay..... the range extender has an IP address on it, running linux... it would be very easy for DJI to do some kind of update via the app... it could easily take affect when you have the app open and the range extender/phantom turned on. The same way as the wifi booster apps work.. They SSH into the RE and phantom to run a command to up the power.

I'm not arguing with you about the issue or anything, I don't know anything about it.. just mentioning how easy it could be for DJI to actually update the RE.

Well whatever the results we are all getting seems immaterial, we could spend all day on here talking about "what, if, and but's", from whatever App version we are all using !!
DJI need to fix this issue as the pile of "bricks" is only getting bigger !!
but, as usual, they seems to drag there feet on giving us an answer.
for me, the answer is easy!

SACK the guy (and all his department) who released the App upgrade, and send all the guys who have a "brick" on there hands a BRAND new one!!
SORTED !!!
OH, must not forget !
release an App upgrade to sort all the other problems out.
but more importantly.
IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T MEND IT, SO KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF A PERFECTLY GOOD WORKING APP IN FUTURE !!

Just to finish my Monday morning rant !
(as a matter of information for peeps),
I had a notification from Litchi on my devices that an upgraded version of there App was available.
At least they have given us Vision users an alternative to there latest update
(which does not now support the Vision Range!).
I have now installed the latest updated version plus the alternative for the Vision flyers among us, so I can now switch between them for use on my P3A.
Good on you Litchi !, good thinking,
JUST DON'T GET RID OF THE VISION PLUS SUPPORT TOTALLY
or me and load of others who bought you App to fly our Visions, will no doubt be asking for a refund.
Happy Flying Everyone !!

I know their newest version doesn't support the P2 crafts, so make sure you get an earlier version. Otherwise, sure! Why not?

If you go to the App store you should be able to download Litchi for the Vision range for free!.
I got a link to the old version here:
Litchi for DJI Phantom 2 - Android Apps on Google Play
So all I can say is give it a try, and fill yer boots boys !!

let us know if you recover your "brick" by using it, it may well answer the question that it is a App problem and not the Range Extenders that are causing all the problems, besides if you have a "brick" what have got to loose by trying it !!.
and also your thoughts on the Litchi App itself.
(I have not personally tried it yet with my Vision, even though I bought it months ago costing £14.99p)
now it's free!, for DJI Phantom Vision users
should have waited !!!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues