Want live video...

Reaction score
Dum dum dum…

Ok, I’ve tried searching FPV but too short for the search engine. Please forgive my noob post but I recently picked up a used P1 and Hero2.

It appears the way to go for live video is a 5.8Ghz FPV TX/RX w/monitor, correct?

I’ve found some discussions here & there but would love to hear from folks who’ve gone down this road - what they used, what they would use now, etc.

Thanks again!

Hey Ti22, Welcome to the forum

I do believe your P1 is controlled on 2.4 Ghz, so you will want to stay away from using the GoPro WiFi and any other transmitters on 2.4.

5.8 setups are a dime a dozen and folks love them. The lighter you go, the longer you can fly. ;)
Keep in mind how far your bird will go when you decide how strong of a transmitter to purchase.

This might help you find things. It's Google Custom Search for our forum.
Type in the middle of the screen, not at the top.
https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=014775389315664725445:ejku2ysgyhi

Enjoy the show

Folks like Boscam stuff. I've not used it, nor have I heard anything bad about it. It's very popular.

The thread you linked to is a guy doing a P2. There may be some differences.

If you're good at soldering and figuring out where stuff should be connected, you can probably do it with 1 hand and 1 eye.

Glad you like the search page, please share it.

Thanks y'all... SilverStone - yes, I actually found that thread yesterday and looked at the Amazon TX/RX rig and LCD you posted. You've had decent performance with it?

btw, I'm hip to Hobby King too, of course. Perhaps oddly, I've never done RC anything before but I've been running serious eBikes on HK Turnigy RC Lipo for many years so I've got plenty of HK order, battery pack, charging gear experience.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20