Walkie talkie on drones?

Reaction score
Has anyone attached a walkie talkie on a drone? It would be a fun way to mess with people by flying over to them and then start talking to them. As if just looking at them wasn't enough, now you can talk to them, or talk about what they're doing / what they're wearing. To give that extra getting spied on vibe. You can be like, hey guy in the red shirt sitting on the chair, you have to leave.

I would like to do this to Logan Paul while he Vlogs in his apartment, I bet he would record it and put it on his vlog. I've seen a video where a fan sends his an aqai bowl by drone, which was pretty cool. But with my walkie talkie thing, you can start talking to him, and maybe roast him too. Same with Jake Paul, just hover it over his Team 10 house and start talking if they're in the backyard or front yard.

I have a walkie talkie with long range, and it's pretty loud. If I can attach it correctly, it would be pretty cool!

I bet they would vlog it if someone did it.

Reactions: Dronefriend
Aside from keying the on-board radio to transmit the problem is overcoming the on-board noise from the props to hear the person on ground, etc.
i.e. It's possible to 'talk' from a drone but being able to hear the subject is the difficult part without being (dangerously?) close.

Reactions: jdharrin
Has anyone attached a walkie talkie on a drone? It would be a fun way to mess with people by flying over to them and then start talking to them. As if just looking at them wasn't enough, now you can talk to them, or talk about what they're doing / what they're wearing. To give that extra getting spied on vibe. You can be like, hey guy in the red shirt sitting on the chair, you have to leave.

I would like to do this to Logan Paul while he Vlogs in his apartment, I bet he would record it and put it on his vlog. I've seen a video where a fan sends his an aqai bowl by drone, which was pretty cool. But with my walkie talkie thing, you can start talking to him, and maybe roast him too. Same with Jake Paul, just hover it over his Team 10 house and start talking if they're in the backyard or front yard.

I have a walkie talkie with long range, and it's pretty loud. If I can attach it correctly, it would be pretty cool!

I bet they would vlog it if someone did it.
Unless you are cool with him or know that he won't trip, then don't do it. I'm pretty sure what you plan on doing is illegal since drone operators aren't allowed to fly over people. The FAA is working on changing that rule, but for now, it's illegal. Just a heads up^

Yes, eavesdropping is illegal but the tech makes it impractical with this equipment.
This is just a mental exercise?

Another dangerous idea with drones... Looks like the guy want to mess with law enforcement when they call them reporting you.

Yes, eavesdropping is illegal but the tech makes it impractical with this equipment.
This is just a mental exercise?
You would have to be mental to attempt this exercise as described.

From what the OP wrote, it's not so much eavesdropping, but using it as a portable megaphone. Which violate a collection of laws from invasion of privacy to harassment. This wouldn't end well for the original poster. If you thought the drone restrictions were bad now in CA, wait until someone tries this stunt.

Reactions: randyvanscoy
Some people are just hellbent on getting drones banned altogether..........

I'm guessing this was brought up as a joke but can someone show the actual law or laws that would be broken to put a talkie on a drone and say something to someone on the ground. I'm not saying it's a good idea, but to say it's breaking the law is interesting.

Assuming we're only referring to broadcasts and not 'listening' (which is not feasible anyways) I doubt there's anything specific. Nuisance laws are broad teaching and can be applied to anything in the right circumstances.

Assuming we're only referring to broadcasts and not 'listening' (which is not feasible anyways) I doubt there's anything specific. Nuisance laws are broad teaching and can be applied to anything in the right circumstances.
California statute 527.6 states that a harasser is someone who inflicts unlawful violence or a threat of violence upon another, regardless of his relationship to the victim. A harasser is also someone who engages, with intent to harass, in a course of conduct that is threatening and alarming to the plaintiff. It would be a stretch to apply 527.6, but it could be used.

California Penal Code 415PC is the catchall code for disturbing the peace. That one would be easy to prosecute because intent plays a factor.

California Penal Code 372 and 373a are the public nuisance statues. Those would be harder to apply as you need to prove that the actions affected the public, not just the targeted user.

Doing this with a drone isn't the main problem. It's using the walkie talkie to deliberately harass someone that is the problem. Of course flying the drone close enough to the guy's window for him to be able to hear the walkie talkie would probably be considered trespassing since it would be lower than the height of the building.

At any rate, if someone was that dumb to attempt this stunt, I would be curious to see what charges would be filed.

The way JetFalcon propsed this idea, everybody - rightly so - is worked into a lather, but I'm pretty sure he was kind of kidding. It was more of a "what if" type of thought. On the other hand, as also mentioned above, there could be a very useful aspect to being able to communicate with folks on the ground via a UAV. Combine that with one of those devices that allows you to drop things, and you can tell the guy, "Here comes your IPA".

Don't see the threat of violence in the OP.
Agreed harassment is just that.

I'm out. This is redicilous.

Reactions: NRJ and Blinky
California statute 527.6 states that a harasser is someone who inflicts unlawful violence or a threat of violence upon another, regardless of his relationship to the victim. A harasser is also someone who engages, with intent to harass, in a course of conduct that is threatening and alarming to the plaintiff. It would be a stretch to apply 527.6, but it could be used.

California Penal Code 415PC is the catchall code for disturbing the peace. That one would be easy to prosecute because intent plays a factor.

California Penal Code 372 and 373a are the public nuisance statues. Those would be harder to apply as you need to prove that the actions affected the public, not just the targeted user.

Doing this with a drone isn't the main problem. It's using the walkie talkie to deliberately harass someone that is the problem. Of course flying the drone close enough to the guy's window for him to be able to hear the walkie talkie would probably be considered trespassing since it would be lower than the height of the building.

At any rate, if someone was that dumb to attempt this stunt, I would be curious to see what charges would be filed.

Well I'm still not saying it would be a good idea to do to Joe blow on the street but more than likely, none of the above laws you posted would stand. You said one of the most important things when it comes to grey areas- "intent"

The way JetFalcon propsed this idea, everybody - rightly so - is worked into a lather, but I'm pretty sure he was kind of kidding. It was more of a "what if" type of thought. On the other hand, as also mentioned above, there could be a very useful aspect to being able to communicate with folks on the ground via a UAV. Combine that with one of those devices that allows you to drop things, and you can tell the guy, "Here comes your IPA".
If you go by his other posts, this falls in line with his other actions. That's assuming that he actually did the stuff that he says he did. Either he is serious and you can make your judgement about him, or he's trolling the group. In that case, this is a purely academic discussion.

If you wanted to notify someone that their IPA has arrived, you could have app that's built to use the DJI Go SDK (Like how Litchi works) to send the drone on it's mission. When the app detected that the drone was on site, the app could send a message to the people waiting for their IPA. To be realistic, if you are waiting for an IPA to arrive via drone, you are going to hear the drone as it approaches.

Ideas comes in mind and we the human take stands to get them into reality but discover huge queries; advantages and disadvantages are part of everything making a proper or following a proper mechanism ends to discover a good deal. The drones in this world is invention to use them to make work easy to have fun and entertainment also.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing